New Update Complements and Complaints

Tri13

Okay, I know this is probably not the right topic to post this in but this is about survival mode. So I absolutely love the long dark and this new update and here are some good and bad things I noticed about it. 1. I instantly noticed the hues to everything and decided to ask Ralph about it and he said they added a color grading feature that was dependent on weather so for example if it is cold the color tint will be blue and if it is warm the color tint will be red or orange. I think this feature can be toned down just a bit because currently I find the color more of a solid color than a tint. 2. The film grain was added or just turned up, either way, I  think that the film grain can be turned down because as of right now it is hard to see through the heavy film grain. 3. Massive improvement on graphics such as fire, aurora, general lighting effect, and other basic stuff. And they also updated and optimized the UI perfectly so I hope they keep this UI as it keeps from a massive health bar blocking your vision. Please feel free to post your compliments and complaints below. See you in the quiet apocalypse.;)

For me the color tints are only aggressive when you're down in the 10 or less condition range.

Also the film grain...is very light for film grain. And I like just that little bit.

I play other games with what I would consider to be lots of film grain...and they have far more film grain than Redux.

I firmly believe this is just something that hits different players differently and is something that players who've played differing games will have vast differences of opinion on.

Might add comparative screenshots later.

• 1 month later...

Archived