make appearance to match with clothing

kurgut

I noticed that when you're doing something where you can see your hands or so. Then, what you see is just a default body texture. Would be nice that it matches with your actual clothing (if you've got rabbit gloves, display them in character body, etc) .

It's still a detail, but gives immersion.

Don't know how difficult it is to implement however.

When that happens however, I'd want to see a bunch of other stuff implemented too such as problems that come with mittens. normal gloves are one thing, but if you don't have your fingers free to use, how would you fire a gun for example? from experience I also know that firing a bow with mittens is also a lot more difficult. do you automatically take off the gloves? do you still get the warmth bonus from mittens then while holding a gun/bow?

4 hours ago, TeflonGoon said:

The bare hands thing really bugs me. 

Why? It makes perfect sense. Trying to shoot a gun or a bow accurately in mittens would be just silly. You actually HAVE to take them off to improve your grip.

As for this whole suggestion - sorry to say, but remember this is an indie studio. They dont have the resources and the team of triple A games to be able to add every single tiny detail. Especially until now, if they wanted to do some animations, they had to book the equipment with a recording studio, which is why until now, there was very few animations in the game, because they were simply too pricey and took too long to create.

I know this may seem as an significant yet still tiny detail, but please also consider what this addition would mean - they would have to animate "every single hand action" in the game for every single piece of body clothing AND gloves within the game. That would be an insane amount of work for next to no reward. 

This is something a community could do with mods once the game has the mod support. But for a small studio like Hinterland, this is, in my opinion, not realistic. Sorry.

True. But there is simle solution. When you have rifle with bare hands ready, you risk frost bite on hand after certain time, when gun is active. So pulling out gun is risky. And you dont have to do anything with model, nor animations. You just add one little script.

7 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

Why? It makes perfect sense. Trying to shoot a gun or a bow accurately in mittens would be just silly. You actually HAVE to take them off to improve your grip.

It makes sense with a gun, but not with a flare.

But FWIW, saying it really bugs me was an exaggeration. It kinda bugged me when I noticed it. (Spoiled by AAA's where your equipped gear is even in the cut scenes.) It's not like a game breaker for me in the slightest. 

@Moll's suggestion about risking exposure by equipping the gun for too long is a nice idea though.

Archived