Can wolves get scared of you?

Azdrawee

I'm currently playing the first episode of REDUX Wintermute and I've killed one wolf in Milton with my distress pistol. I was doing stuff outside Milton and when I came back, I saw another wolf right in front of me. It saw me, but instead of attacking me, it was scared and ran away. Did this happen because it saw me killing another wolf? Or is it just a behaviour that happens sometimes? I haven't had any light sources in my hands, just the distress pistol.

This is a setting in the game (dependent upon difficulty) that there is a chance a wolf will flee.  You can see it in a Custom game's settings.

That is the base setting.  There are things you can do to encourage them to flee.  I don't recall all, but for example, wearing a bear-skin coat, carrying a lit torch or flare, etc.

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2018 at 1:41 PM, hozz1235 said:

This is a setting in the game (dependent upon difficulty) that there is a chance a wolf will flee.  You can see it in a Custom game's settings.

That is the base setting.  There are things you can do to encourage them to flee.  I don't recall all, but for example, wearing a bear-skin coat, carrying a lit torch or flare, etc.

Yet, when I set wolf fear to highest, and wear a wolf and bear coat, it never seems to work consistently for me. It feels like a 1 in 50 chance.

On 12/18/2018 at 1:41 PM, hozz1235 said:

No.. it isn't. In Wintermute I started out several different times and it NEVER happened. Then with the new update all things went to crap.

Anyone else have problems with the new update? Support never responds. List of problems I encounter now in Wintermute mode:
1. Previously I could craft having obtained the blueprints. Now all blueprints are gone.
2. Wolves are more than frightened. At all times.
3. Random crashing with message “do you own this game?” Uh yah I do...
Possibly the worst part about it is that “support” will not ever respond.

Archived