Version 1.41

peteloud

I have just been trying out v1.41. I have  rabbit hat, but I'm not sure that it's worth the trouble.  It's no warmer, yet heavier than the wool toque.

I was out on the Coastal Highway when I switched over to v1.41 and the colours and brightness are terrible.  Previously I found that inside the buildings along CH the level of illumination was much lower than in other regions.  Now the interiors are brighter but outside is much brighter too.  Exterior scenes look like a photo that has been over exposed by three stops.  As well as being to bright the colours look very washed out.

I suppose it could be the weather conditions, but I very much doubt it.

1 hour ago, peteloud said:

I have  rabbit hat, but I'm not sure that it's worth the trouble.

What trouble? It's just 3 pelts and one gut. It's 0,1 kg heavier than the wool toque, but I think all self made stuff is a bit heavier than industrial made clothing. I'd say it might not be interesting in the first 400 days of pilgrim survival mode but I am sure it can be some factor in other difficulty settings. Especially when you have to fight vs bears and wolfs.

You can get down 3 rabbits so quickly, so I personally really welcome the option to craft such a hat.

Hi guys. I'm very excited for the update, looks great. However I've encauntered a MAJOR bug after the update. It happened on the old game save of survival mode. I've went to make some arrows. Had 12 arrow shafts made before the update. I have forged 12 arrow heads just now and have bunch of feathers, I'm by the bench but arrow  blueprints are MISSING from the craft list. I can't scroll down below the moose satchel. Really bummed about this, cause I've crafted moose satchel earlier and it would be shame to loose it. Does update affects game saves on survival mode? Will I be able to continue that save?

58 minutes ago, nihilist_hippie said:

Hi guys. I'm very excited for the update, looks great. However I've encauntered a MAJOR bug after the update. It happened on the old game save of survival mode. I've went to make some arrows. Had 12 arrow shafts made before the update. I have forged 12 arrow heads just now and have bunch of feathers, I'm by the bench but arrow  blueprints are MISSING from the craft list. I can't scroll down below the moose satchel. Really bummed about this, cause I've crafted moose satchel earlier and it would be shame to loose it. Does update affects game saves on survival mode? Will I be able to continue that save?

I have this bug on PC and others have said it is on XBox and PS4. I have tested it and the bug effects new survival games as well as existing ones. I have reported to the bug tracker: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Always a good idea to report such bugs using the formal methods so that they can see how widespread it is and prioritise a fix.

Don’t panic about your save. You will just have to do something else until it gets fixed. I’m sure it will be a high priority to fix as it prevents being able to craft some of the most important items in the game.

15 hours ago, Serenity said:

Turn turn your brightness, then? The brightness setting where you are supposed to adjust it until you see the logo but not the wolf actually works now

My brightness was way to high after the update. You cannot adjust brightness while playing but must back out to the main menu. I think interior lighting is much better balanced now after doing the proper adjustment in settings.

1 hour ago, nihilist_hippie said:

Thanks for reporting. We are investigating this issue.

In the future please report via our Support Portal, as we might miss one post in a longer thread like this.

On 17/12/2018 at 7:29 PM, peteloud said:

I have just been trying out v1.41. I have  rabbit hat, but I'm not sure that it's worth the trouble.  It's no warmer, yet heavier than the wool toque.

It has 0.5 degree better windproofing, 2% more base protection and I suspect much lower decay rate ( as it is with any animal hide clothing in the game ), not to mention it is easily replaceable and will be worn on the outside slot, protecting your precious toques and balaclavas from attacks. All of this for 0.10kg more and a few spare pelts and gut. I'm a huge fan. 

Question: Can you still find toques in loper?

Archived