Craftable Contanier

Strategizer

Its probably been proposed before.

I would like to see a small craftable container (wood box) option be added to the Workbench.  To craft the box a player would need 4-6 reclaimed wood (for the sides), and 1-2 scrap metal (for the hinges, nails).  It could hold 5kg of gear.  Once created the container would weigh about 2kg.  

A player then has trade off option to use limited resources (reclaimed wood/scrap) for extra indoor or outdoor storage.  The box could be placed in the world just like a bed roll.  If filled with 5kg of gear and picked up into inventory the player would add (5+2) 7kg of weight and be able to relocate the box elsewhere.

This would be amazing to have HRV and the floor gets awful cluttered.

Yes, but its the polar opposite of the Moose satchel.  The Satchel increases +5kg to your characters carry capacity, this would reduce-2kg if you were lugging it around reducing your capacity.  So you have a VERY strong incentive to place it in the world, and not constantly lug it around.

Thanks for the feedback...  you got it its designed to reduce clutter.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, loriaw said:

But ... being forced to live like a crazed, unkempt, troglodyte beyond the initial scramble is very unappealing.

These damn cardboard boxes that are nailed and glued to the floor are driving me nuts.  I even got stuck inside one of the crappy things.  Do not want to break them down into tinder cause I got tinder all over the place.  So tripping over them is usually the option.  Just let me boot them out of the way already.

edit:

I am not crazed

Archived