Add insomnia ?

DarKube

I think it's a good idea to add insomnia in TLD, this is real and add a bit difficulty to the quiet night. Insomnia can't sleep for 5-6h, depend of the difficulty. The cure is a cup of herbal tea, that reduce the insomnia of approximately 4h.

End the quiet night of sleep !:P

I'd prefer a bit more randomization of sleep time instead. I don't think insomnia would be an issue after walking all day in the snow escaping wolves carrying a heavy backpack. On the other hand the idea of clockwork sleep is a bit stretched for the same reason. If I'm tired out of my wits and I decide "ok, I'll take a brief nap of one hour" chances are that one hour will unexplicably become four.

4 hours ago, Doc Feral said:

I'd prefer a bit more randomization of sleep time instead. I don't think insomnia would be an issue after walking all day in the snow escaping wolves carrying a heavy backpack. On the other hand the idea of clockwork sleep is a bit stretched for the same reason. If I'm tired out of my wits and I decide "ok, I'll take a brief nap of one hour" chances are that one hour will unexplicably become four.

This makes sense.  Unless Will is toting around an old wind-up alarm clock, he has no means of waking up at a desired time.

3 hours ago, DarKube said:

This a good idea !

The 1. original don't allow a player to sleep at random.  or 2. the if exhausted the character can accidently oversleep?  I don't like 1, but 2 makes game sense and can add to the drama of pushing your character beyond the limit and having to pay a small extra price of unexpected lost time.  

On 12/16/2018 at 10:00 AM, DarKube said:

I think it's a good idea to add insomnia in TLD, this is real and add a bit difficulty to the quiet night. Insomnia can't sleep for 5-6h, depend of the difficulty. The cure is a cup of herbal tea, that reduce the insomnia of approximately 4h.

End the quiet night of sleep !:P

I live in Washington State USA where it rains or is overcast quite frequently. Folks suffer from depression at a high rate here and especially seasonally. As far as the game goes there is the potential situation where if you aren't tired out enough you can't sleep through the night...

As for me IRL the opposite is often true... But I bet in a life and death situation I wouldn't be able to give in to the tiredness that often plagues me.

It would be cool to see either way, but maybe there are other things to add first... Like bodily functions.

Archived