K'imdii or Rocky Mountain Goat

Ice Hole

The k'imdii is only found in the Rocky mountains.  The game is set in the Rocky mountains.  The Haidi used to hunt them and also have tales about them.  I strongly feel that the Rocky Mountain K'imdii (Goat) should be part of the Long Dark some how.

I am a Billie!

Your a Billie!. 

Don'tcha want to be a Billie too!

Sorry 1980's Dr. Pepper commercial flashbacks.

Fun Facts:

K'imdii in Haidi language is Rocky Mountain goat.  Took me over an hour internet searching to find that out.  Had to cross reference from different stories and translated texts.

These animals are related to lamas.  They are not a goats.

But then the cougars will be unleashed!

The game is set on a canadian island, not in the Rocky mountains. Which is set higher then the Rocky mountains. A lot of people suggested bighorns for the game, but those wouldnt be proper set for the game, either.

The animal you are looking for is actually called Dall sheep, or a thinhorn sheep. Dall sheep live in canadian and alaskan area, which is north of Rocky mountains area, which puts them into an area of where Great Bear island of The long dark could potentionally be located.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dall_sheep

19 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

he game is set on a canadian island, not in the Rocky mountains

Vancouver.

Hatian tribe.  Please research.

Dall Sheep.  I did not know they were indigenous to the west coast.  Ok just learned that.  But did the Haida hunt them?  The Haida are from Vancouver area.  Well looks like they might have.  Ok now calling on the internets.  We need knowledge.

Did Haida have a name for the Rocky Mountain Goat  Oreamnos Americanus and if so, what is the name?

Please for Yule Tide.  I have been a good billie.

Archived