Admin

WINTERMUTE SAVES & SURVIVAL SUPPLIES

Recommended Posts

REMINDER: Story Save Wipe

IGNSaveWipeRedux.thumb.png.e8a932e8c0f84ba90987624863e0cc87.png

A quick reminder that we’ll be wiping all existing Story Mode save games when we launch the REDUX versions of Episodes One and Two, NEXT WEEK!

(If you completed Episodes One and Two prior to Redux, Episode Three will still be unlocked for you when it launches in 2019, even if you don’t play the Redux versions of these episodes.)
 

WARNING: SUPPLIES AT RISK?

Qy9b0GtM.thumb.png.6ed57abda070ffd3651c8ce2634213ec.png

For the upcoming Redux launch of Episodes One and Two, we’ve had to make some changes to locations in the following regions: 

  • Mystery Lake, Milton/Mountain Town, Forlorn Muskeg, Broken Railroad

It’s very likely that these changes will not affect your current Survival Mode games, but to be on the safe side, if you currently have a supply stash or any valuable items stored in any of these locations, it might be a good idea to move them to an unaffected region.

- The Hinterland Team

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, admin said:

Mystery Lake, Milton/Mountain Town, Forlorn Muskeg, Broken Railroad

Just in case, I moved most of my stuff from ALL my region bases listed above to the Dam entrance room  After all those trips back and forth I think it might have been better to take my chances.

I sure hope this doesn't wreck/bug out my Faithfull Cartographer work in those Regions in some unrecoverable way....  THAT is what I care about the most.

Looking forward to the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick reminder that we’ll be wiping all existing Story Mode save games when we launch the REDUX versions of Episodes One and Two, NEXT WEEK!

Um, okay.

Edited by gavman8918

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance to know which locations in Mystery Lake can be affected?

I suppose Trapper homestead is very high risk. But other locations - Camp Office / Logging Camp / Hydro Dam ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Arran said:

Any chance to know which locations in Mystery Lake can be affected?

I suppose Trapper homestead is very high risk. But other locations - Camp Office / Logging Camp / Hydro Dam ?

No. This is not planned or something that we know for sure will happen just something that has at times happened in the past and we wanted to give the community a heads up beforehand. Nothing has been discovered in our testing thus far, so we don't have any specific places to watch out for just the general regions that are being changed.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to make it clear: upon the coming REDUX launch, will there be changes to the Survival Mode gameplay too? (I think of the aforementioned developments/improvements.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, admin said:

It’s very likely that these changes will not affect your current Survival Mode games, but to be on the safe side, if you currently have a supply stash or any valuable items stored in any of these locations, it might be a good idea to move them to an unaffected region.

Another option that was tweeted is just putting everything into your inventory.  Sure, you can't move but it will be safe.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, palbi said:

Just to make it clear: upon the coming REDUX launch, will there be changes to the Survival Mode gameplay too? (I think of the aforementioned developments/improvements.)

There will be some UI changes, the addition of the craftable Rabbit hat and more. The most significant items were covered in our November Developer Diary.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, admin said:

There will be some UI changes, the addition of the craftable Rabbit hat and more. The most significant items were covered in our November Developer Diary.

Thanks, that was that I thought of. :peaches:

Edited by palbi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would the possible deletions happen ANYWHERE in ML? What about things in containers vs sitting on the floor, etc.? Is there any way to know?

 

I have 2.83 metric craptons of stuff stored at Trapper's. Would dropping it all in the transitional cave to Milton be considered outside of ML?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So am I the only one to read this as the story mode redux is coming next week!? And updates to survival mode at the same time? Christmas is coming early this year!

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that's a fair warning. It's like making a software update on your mom's PC like saying "mom, stuff's gonna be fine, but maybe you wanna thumb drive those pictures of yours just in case the stars align just the wrong way".

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bighara said:

Would the possible deletions happen ANYWHERE in ML? What about things in containers vs sitting on the floor, etc.? Is there any way to know?

 

I have 2.83 metric craptons of stuff stored at Trapper's. Would dropping it all in the transitional cave to Milton be considered outside of ML?

The Front Room of the Hydro Dam is not too far and you have RR tracks to make the trek back and forth non stop even in full Blizzard conditions.  That's where I moved 80% of my stuff quite a few containers/file cabinets/lockers/ plus a lot of floor space.   Obviously Food, Water, and Sticks get to try their luck with the update unmoved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really worried about this new update. I've been absent from the game for  a while, because the last survival game I started, got utterly destroyed by bugs/updates, to the point of being unplayable. It killed my drive for the game.

Now I'm super excited for the game again, with all the changes since. It's been about 8 months or so.
I'm aware the update is next week, but I'm really hesitant to start a new survival game, due to worries based on experience. Christmas is soon, and that throws a cog into the wheel of time for games.

If I start now on a new game, can i be 100% certain aspects of it won't get utterly destroyed when the update comes? Game testing can only spot a finite amount of bugs.

What would be nice to know, would be an exact launchday next week. If it's monday/tuesday I'd rather start a new survival game then, but if it's thursday/friday/saturday, that changes things.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arzanot said:

 

If I start now on a new game, can i be 100% certain aspects of it won't get utterly destroyed when the update comes? Game testing can only spot a finite amount of bugs.

What would be nice to know, would be an exact launchday next week. If it's monday/tuesday I'd rather start a new survival game then, but if it's thursday/friday/saturday, that changes things.

 

Relax- I’m sure that a release during the later days of the week is not going to change your life. 

 

Lol just play it whenever you have the time to play....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The devs have made it pretty clear they are not 100% certain in the above zones (thus the warning). If it’s that much of an issue, just start in another zone. Coastal Highway, Pleasant Valley and Timberwolf Mountain are all not on that list, and offer a decent choice of challenges to cover you for a few days. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Strategizer said:

The Front Room of the Hydro Dam is not too far and you have RR tracks to make the trek back and forth non stop even in full Blizzard conditions.  That's where I moved 80% of my stuff quite a few containers/file cabinets/lockers/ plus a lot of floor space.   Obviously Food, Water, and Sticks get to try their luck with the update unmoved.

Yeah, I'm not worried about things like water or sticks. I have a LOT of food on ice outside the hut, but I also have spare clothing, two rifles, a bunch of saplings, feathers, arrowheads, and who knows how many pelts and cured guts. Is Carter Hydro considered its own region? I've always thought of it as part of ML.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just been on a ribs breaking mission to Milton Basin and I've got 35kg of moose steaks, plus a load of gear, in the cave there. My main stash is in the farmhouse and the barn up the cliff. 

If I lose anything important from those locations due to map changes, I don't think I'll have the motivation to continue that game at all, and I'll be deleting the save and starting again.

I'm quite used to doing this, and it's no big deal for me this time. But I do think that from now on the devs need to be able to make sure that updates don't ruin people's progress. We're not in early access anymore and this type of thing becomes less acceptable to the player once we have what's supposed to be the full release version of the game.

I'm regarding this Redux as effectively a re-launch of the whole game (as if August 2017 was a false start, part of the pre-release development). But now I think the Redux marks the start of the real thing. And I think it's important that future updates don't run any risk of messing up people's existing games.

Having said that, I don't want it to look like I'm criticising to much: I appreciate that the episodic nature of Wintermute relies on updates, and we're getting lots of free updgrades to Survival Mode along the way which go above and beyond the developers' commitment to deliver a complete game for the price - which is obviously a great thing. But I think the principle stands that once the game is on full release, we as players should be able to rely on a certain amount of stability and continuity for our in game progress. 

Edited by Pillock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, White_SnowTree said:

Relax- I’m sure that a release during the later days of the week is not going to change your life. 

 

Lol just play it whenever you have the time to play....

Gotcha. Thx :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My gut instinct is that for container inventory they have found no bugs, anticipate no bugs, but last time there was an update with a container affecting bug, people absolutely lost their heads, so they are providing a courtesy warning that contents might change.   Personally, I don't care, but I appreciate that they have provided a warning and lead time to allow the folks who do care to take action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Strategizer said:

The Front Room of the Hydro Dam is not too far and you have RR tracks to make the trek back and forth non stop even in full Blizzard conditions.  That's where I moved 80% of my stuff quite a few containers/file cabinets/lockers/ plus a lot of floor space.   Obviously Food, Water, and Sticks get to try their luck with the update unmoved.

That's what I did too in my >400 days pilgrim save (please don't laugh at me), at least with my important stuff from ML camp office. I went back to FM forge to get my two heavy hammers. I forgot to take my sleeping bag with me so it was kind of nerve wrecking in regards of the weather as I've arrived at poacher's camp and decided to go back to ML office beause the beginning bilzzard. Finally next day I've got my hammers and went back to trapper's and took all hides, tools and stuff on me - about 80 kgs. I can't move and I can't await for the update to come so I can play on ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, atomic said:

That's what I did too in my >400 days pilgrim save (please don't laugh at me),  . . . 

No shame in it.  Enjoy the game as it suits you.  And congratulations on such a long run.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.