Supplies at risk?

hozz1235

Stash.thumb.jpg.e6b3fe84b814d60284f51e3ebe637aa6.jpg

Hopefully, this won't affect our SM games, but I can't help but think of those people who have spent HOURS lugging stuff to one of these regions and spending MORE hours organizing and sorting items.

I'm also afraid of the backlash that will occur if this comes true.  I didn't see a warning on this until last night when I signed into the game.  With release within days(?) I'm guessing, that's not much time for notification and preparation.  I'm hoping for the player's (and Hinterlands) sake this disruption does not occur.

30 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Just read a tweet on this that could help some stashers.  Mainly, picking up everything in your stash location and keeping it in inventory until after the update will be safe.

LOL - you got to be kidding ... Last night I spent the whole of a 10 hour live stream going backwards and forwards between ML camp office and the big cave in Winding River to move my hoarded gear to a "safe" zone ... and I still have about a quarter of it at the camp office to be moved out.  I reached day 354 of the run last night and the wolves are not happy - I killed over a dozen on them on the rail tracks just keeping the route open and safe.

If I can get it finished in tonight's stream, I then have to rescue the stash at the Muskeg Forge.  After that I have to move everything from Meadows Farm and Milton House to somewhere on HRV as well, which will be another 15-20 hours of game play.  I have a large loot hoard in Broken Railroad too, at the engineering sheds, but I'm going to ignore that and hope it doesn't bite me.

All told, I'm expecting it to be around 50 hours of effort to rescue all my loot and move it to "safe" zones ... and that's without moving the mountains of fish, meat, and firewood/sticks I've piled up at my base camps in those zones. 

Whilst the need to do this does add a distractive purpose to the middle-game on this run, I'd still have preferred not having to do it.

[QUESTION] @Raphael van Lierop - could you or one of the team please confirm that Winding River will not be affected by the possible items loss from resetting the Mystery Lake map in the update?  The thought of hauling the 300+ Kg of goods, extracted from ML, in the Winding River cave over to Pleasant Valley is not something that would be enjoyable.

I'm thinking of taking my chances.  I don't really have the time to move everything in those affected areas.  I'll put everything in my current hideout in inventory for the changeover, but that's it.

For the other stashes, I'm role-playing any loss as being looted by another survivor, whom I will likely never cross paths with.

I was going to move supplies and gears from locations in Mystery Lake and Forlorn Muskeg, but there is just too much stuff to move and that covers three sandboxes. Excepting moving some items from places like the Old Spence forge a bit farther away, and maybe my ammo, I am probably not going to bother much... hmmm, maybe move those (for me) hard to come by cooking pots. I would definitely be really upset if I lost those.

Whoa, now I'm scared. Since my two main bases are located in Broken Railroad and Mountain Town, all my valuable weapons and ammo are stashed there. It's also day 410 on my current run and I don't have any time for playing in the next few days. Guess that will make the late game a LOT more interesting now LOL

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:38 AM, melcantspell said:

all my valuable weapons and ammo are stashed there. It's also day 410 on my current run and I don't have any time for playing in the next few days. Guess that will make the late game a LOT more interesting now LOL

410 nice.

If you have time to just sign in: Then pickup all Ammo (both the bow & rifle), firestarting items (glass, matches, striker), tools, weapons. and save the game.  Just having the items on your character will make them safe.

4 hours ago, melcantspell said:

I'm just curious what your experiences are after the update.

Everything seems to have survived for me okay at the Camp Office and Trapper's. Haven't checked any other locations yet in other regions.

I did find a piece of scrap metal hovering over my workbench at about chest height at the CO but that's all.

[EDIT]: Spoke too soon. Seems that a laptop appeared on the back counter of the Camp Office covering 4 of my cured birch saplings. I managed to recover two of them but the other two are gone forever. AAARRRRGGGG!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh.... wow..................

well, I would have been forked. 

I have 95% of my supplies in ML because on my (first ever) Custom I'm living like a queen so I never leave. Happy to say that the update did not touch a thing in Camp Office or Trapper's. I'd notice, because I have a lot of things in very specific, tidy places.

But I'm 73.9% sure it respawned some deer and wolves (finally, cuz it was broke and I was lonely--fish don't make good company.)

In any case, if I had seen that warning I'd've just edited my save to allow for infinite inventory weight and either stayed put or taken myself to Ravine.

On 12/19/2018 at 7:02 PM, Meat said:

[EDIT]: Spoke too soon. Seems that a laptop appeared on the back counter of the Camp Office covering 4 of my cured birch saplings. I managed to recover two of them but the other two are gone forever. AAARRRRGGGG!

I saw that too. I had mugs of reishi tea there but I don't think it actually swallowed any. They were just clipping the laptop graphic nbd. But sorry about your saplings. You can always edit the save and give them back to yourself.

Archived