AlexandraRussia

More choice of characters for survival

Hello :).
 Here I have a thought.
 For example, a survivor, a police officer and his task would be the same as all survivors in a game.
 Survive.
 And his initial skills would be handling firearms, hand-to-hand fighting and first aid.
 And how did he become a survivor?
 It's very simple, he and his partner accompanied the bus with the prisoners.
 Well in the storyline.
 They hit a snowstorm, the car turned over.
 His partner died, and he survived.
 But the wolves blocked his way and he had to drop all the bullets in the service weapon on them.

I had a similar idea in starting gear kits for players, since so much gear in the game follows different themes.

One was to have an injured skier with a full skier kit (jacket boots gloves exc) but also a broken leg that requires care.

Have a workman that come with work pants gloves boots exc... tool kit and repair skill boost... but slower growth in other stat learning.

a soldier with combat gear, several MREs and a rifle... but PTSD that causes other issues.

the goal is not to make play easier by better starting gear, just change the flavor of the challenge.

• Like 1

I know I know, I may already be tired of someone with my own idea.
 But there is one thing.
 What if the same character I was talking about?
 At the beginning of each survival would have been wounded and the first task would be to cure him.
 But on a pilgrim it is easy, but at large levels of difficulty it would not be easy.
 Because he would have broken ribs, due to the fact that the car rolled over several times and the leg was damaged.
 Sorry if you are already tired.
 I just want to play this character.

On 1/30/2019 at 4:48 PM, Rashad82 said:

I had a similar idea in starting gear kits for players, since so much gear in the game follows different themes.

One was to have an injured skier with a full skier kit (jacket boots gloves exc) but also a broken leg that requires care.

Have a workman that come with work pants gloves boots exc... tool kit and repair skill boost... but slower growth in other stat learning.

a soldier with combat gear, several MREs and a rifle... but PTSD that causes other issues.

the goal is not to make play easier by better starting gear, just change the flavor of the challenge.

Some ability to select specific starting gear in custom might be nice, but I could see it being easily exploited.  Perhaps they could design thematic groups for the starting gear, but leave the specifics somewhat random.  So, your soldier might get combat pants and an MRE, but no rifle on one start and might get the rifle and no combat pants on another).  Perhaps they could also add the ability to select one skill book to add to the starting kit instead of arbitrarily creating fixed skill-based classes of characters.  The player already can do some of this by selecting feats.  More feats could perhaps be added so that players could earn them and then use them to enhance their characters in more different ways.