Add maples trees ?

DarKube

I would like Hinterland to add mature maple trees : they are the symbol of Canada. It is rarer than cedar and fir, we can make a hole inside to make pour the sap. The sap flow at the speed of 10cL by hours, when we attend more than 2 hours, the sap dry and cannot be any more got back. A tree can give 5-6L of sap. For the sap can be eaten, we must boil it (it take 50min for 1 hour).
When the sap is boiled, it becomes maple syrup. We can find maple syrup in a house but is pretty rare. And, to go with that, add a new location : maple farm !
It is located maybe in Pleasant Valley and they are a lot of maple trees, maple sap and maple syrup in wood boxes.

Maple trees are already in the game (look for the trees with no leaves and dark grey bark). There's no way the sap'd be running in the weather conditions extant in TLD. I would love it if they added maple limbs to the game, with an even longer/hotter burn time than fir. Make the respawn rate of 'em really low so as not to overpower.

47 minutes ago, stratvox said:

Maple trees are already in the game (look for the trees with no leaves and dark grey bark). There's no way the sap'd be running in the weather conditions extant in TLD. I would love it if they added maple limbs to the game, with an even longer/hotter burn time than fir. Make the respawn rate of 'em really low so as not to overpower.

Along with an appropriate weight. That could go with the birch limbs as well. That one would probably be heavier than cedar, burn the same amount of time, but would be easier to start a fire with, considering birch is just such a good material for starting fires.

On 12/3/2018 at 2:11 PM, stratvox said:

So is the assertion then that the ambient temperature being low as being the cause of the lack of flow?

Would a localized increase in temperature then be the logical solution to that? i.e. start multiple fires near the maple tree(s)

11 hours ago, deathbydanish said:

Would a does not make increase in temperature then be the logical solution to that? i.e. start multiple fires near the maple tree(s)

It's a good idea ! And I think this does not make the game too easy because that requires a constant surveillance

Archived