Reishi is a psychedelic mushroom

exeexe

u can listen here from minute 54:
https://mythicmedicine.love/podcast/asia-suler

So what could we do with Reishi mushrooms? Here is my suggestion,
you can drink 5 reishi teas on the same day and you will hallucinate, after 6 hours you get tired and can sleep 10 hours. After you have slept 10 hours you will get 5% condition, but because you have been hallucinating u cant eat anymore reishi tea for the next days maybe 8 days. While hallucinating u cant use any weapons and u cant start any fires. After sleeping 10 hours will you be able to use weapons and make a fire, otherwise u have to wait 20 hours.

1 hour ago, exeexe said:

I don't think so. First there's no mention of it in reliable sources, second it's consumed all over Asia without hallucinogenic affect, third I've myself eaten some while I was living in Vietnam without effect, and believe me I know what the effects of a magic shrooms are.

There is far more chances you will find psychedelic effect in game by consuming decayed food, consuming badly stored food being recognized coinciding in human history with "visions" of prophets. Yes, all those "miracles", "apparitions" etc... occurred on poor people in the years of economic crisis due to war or bad weather leading to poor agricultural production. This, and of course dehydration in the arid areas.

Anyway, on a purely game mechanics basis, that would make warm up bonus a complex micromanagement, since it's actually the main use for reishis.

@BareSkin now that u talk so highly about reliable source (did you even listen to the audio?) how do you know u had reishi mushrooms?

it's consumed all over Asia without hallucinogenic affect

No its eaten all over Asia with psychedelic affect. Just look up chinese medicine. Its easy to see there is an effect.

There is far more chances you will find psychedelic effect in game by consuming decayed food

Eating bad food for benefits is not the way to go. To get benefits you need to eat good food.

The game mechanics are still good because you need to eat 5 of them to get the effect. Still the main reason we have reishi is to heal up specially from internal parasites, not to heat up.

7 minutes ago, Sgt. Eclair said:

They're really bitter, that's well documented. They're not psychoactive at all.

I have been encountering this reaction more and more, but is the :P not showing up when I post? When I see that smiley posted I process the post as a joke and respond along those lines, was that not happening between us?

I have reishi powder.  I've been adding it to my coffee, and occasionally just plain by itself as a tea.  It is not psychoactive.

I mean I'm not going to eat the entire bag all at once just to see what happens.  That's probably a good way to get sick.  But consumed as a beverage, no psychoactive properties.

5 minutes ago, deathbydanish said:

I have been encountering this reaction more and more, but is the :P not showing up when I post? When I see that smiley posted I process the post as a joke and respond along those lines, was that not happening between us?

It showed up, I just didn't notice it, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 9:58 PM, exeexe said:

@BareSkin now that u talk so highly about reliable source (did you even listen to the audio?) how do you know u had reishi mushrooms?

Hum, maybe because it is written on it? I find Wikipedia a more reliable source than "mythicmedicine.love", no problem if you want to argue about that too.

On 11/27/2018 at 9:58 PM, exeexe said:

Just look up chinese medicine. Its easy to see there is an effect.

I believe Chinese Medicine not to be a science. Or at least much more less than the Western medicine, which is already often questionable. But I agree there might be a Placebo Effect if you believe it so hardly. Half the "remedies" in asian medicine is to get bigger genitals, and that says a lot about its reliability. If it was so "easy" to see there is an effect, how do you explained it's mentionned nearly nowhere?

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2018 at 11:34 PM, BareSkin said:

Hum, maybe because it is written on it?

What i mean is you order "reishi mushroom" they give you "reishi mushroom", but how do you actually know they gave you reishi mushroom? Wikipedia can not help you with that.

On 19/12/2018 at 11:34 PM, BareSkin said:

If it was so "easy" to see there is an effect, how do you explained it's mentionned nearly nowhere?

It is mentioned a lot of places it gives shen. Try google shen chinese medicine or if u want a link go just here
http://yourzenlife.com/reishi-mushroom-in-chinese-medicine/

Being a premier 3 treasure tonic, we can look at reishi as a potent Shen/spirit tonic. Because of its ability to support our Jing and Qi, it has the room to also work on the human mind, psyche and spirit.

But i agree that Chinese medicine is not science, but that doesnt mean that here and there you can find something that can have benefits cause it has been tested and tried for many years.

Here is one anecdote:

Over the course of a year, I have since taken some high doses of Reishi. I use whole slices, break them and boil for hours to make a concentrated liquid.

I've heard that you can't take too much Reishi and there should be no psychological side effects, but I can absolutely testify that this is not the case for me. I always take it about an hour before bed, and what happens to me on high doses is first I get a strong pulsating feeling in my forehead followed by rapid and disjointed visions. My mind races with these visions, which seem nonsensical, for hours before I can finally get to sleep. Some of these pictures are clear as day with my eyes closed, e.g. I remember seeing these two humanoid alligators standing next to my bed and could make out the minute details of their scales and eyes. The next day after a high dose of Reishi I feel drained.

I'm very sensitive to herbs in general.

https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/62149-daily-high-dose-reishi/#entry783952

Archived