Gyrocompass and bigger backpack

Serenaq

I am sure i am not the only ingame hoarder :) I know there are other ingame gatherers and hoarders, like me :) It is game and for that reason it is unreal. The only thing that is unreal to me, there are no knives in the kitchens :)  I really does not affect or harm anyone, when the other hoarders and i collect every item on that map in one quick runthrough. 

I just gave some plausible reasons why there could be a windrose on the map and/or higher capacity for carrying items implemented into this world. And it would not be to far-fetched. Because i know the hardcore-players do not like the unrealistic things. If these superduper or lame things (depending on your point of view) were optional, everybody would be happy. 

OMG and i found cairn. At first i thought it is a tiny snowman with scarf, like Olaf from Frozen. 

25 minutes ago, Jolan said:

Also - I now want a challenge where we have to collect a certain number of stunned rabbits, stuff them in a moose skin satchel and let them all loose in a cabin.  We can feed them reeds and rosehips! 

Now i want that, too. I would die from cuteness-overdose :) But totally worth it! 

I did not find these kind of sleds on my "intense" research on Amazon :):)  How big are those? Like the regular dog-sleds?

I do not want to be greedy, but i need enough space for one moose, one deer, two wolfs and tons of wood :) Bunnies are safely stored in moose satchel :):) 

@Serenaq It would be serious cuteness overload!  The sleds are a traditional Inuit sled. Made from wood and sinew mostly.  They're a traditional dog sled, so smaller than the modern ones.  If you loaded it carefully you might be able to fit all of your wish list on it assuming you left the spare bits behind.  Might not be able to pull it though.  Moose are huge.

@Jolan Holy Moly, Moose are huge. I just saw a video and compared to the Moose the SUV was tiny. I cuddled with a roe and a baby-deer before, they have the size of a pony just more slender. The stags were grumpy and didn't come that close.

I have to find me a baby moose then :) 

@SerenaqI know, I've only been able to kill the stunned bunnies on interloper.  They mentioned in the mailbag that they found the chance to provide a dilemma "do I kill the baby critter" intriguing.  Me - I just anticipating loosing  a wolf struggle to what is basically a puppy.  :D Meanwhile, I've looked at my grandfather's qamutik - this thing is totally doable in TLD if they let us.  Don't know about the pathing issues, but technologywise, completely doable

@Jolan Your grandpa had a qamutik. Like a exhibition piece or the real deal with dogs and snow?

If i ever see one  baby animals. I'm gonna play the Great Bear Island National Park. I found tons of dog food for the wolfs, bunnies and deer get cat tails and the bears and i eat fish. :):):) 

Maybe there will be a really cold winter and all the devs are stuck at home. And the only things left to do are shoveling snow on the driveway and programming sleds :):):) Hope dies last :) 

@SerenaqHe had a pile of old wood bits that someone sold him which might have been real and a working one he and a buddy made in the 20's using as traditional methods as possible.  Though I think they did use a modern ax.  And access to a region with a whole lot more wood. :D And I'm pretty certain it never carried more than beer, ice and the occassional whiney kid.  Those two are the reason why I know how to make all sorts of odd stuff.  Like plugs for ice fishing holes, snow shoes and "beads" make from porcupine quills.  The whole point behind the sled was it was made with just wood and sinew, and designed to take a beating and not shake apart.  Oops, I'll stop here before I start describing the notches and crisscrossing cord. :D

@gnomegnine  And i thought the point of The Long Dark is having fun, silly me :) I will reuse your salt to cure the tons of meat in backpack :) 

@Jolan You will be the first person i'm gonna call when the long dark starts. I need someone to teach me how to build a qamutik and if you got the time, prepare some of the porcupine beads for me. I wanna look stylish when i cruise through the icy wasteland :) packed with beer and some tasty moose steaks. 

There is still hope in me. I read something like ...sled hard to do... but they did not say impossible :) 

56 minutes ago, Serenaq said:

And i thought the point of The Long Dark is having fun

well maybe try to have fun on a test game, without wanton destruction of wildlife, to get meat, to cook it, to eat. instead, what I do is if I want to test something, I just start a new game.

@gnomegnine You deleted your post?! :) 

I'm already having fun with the game. Even without my big af trekking backpack/Sled. (Dear Devs, that does not mean, I don't want them anymore! :):):) )   I simply added my wishes to the wishlist. I know that doesn't mean my wishes will get granted. 

1 hour ago, gnomegnine said:

I was going to say... doesn't it seem a bit odd to carry around... 50 kg of meat and hide and guts from a moose?

Nope. Naah. Not to me. Nothing out of the ordinary. Can't see one unusual thing in any way. 

Archived