Admin

The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.40 [42090]

Recommended Posts

Dear Community,

We’ve just hotfixed The Long Dark to v1.40 [42090].
 

CHANGELIST v1.40 [42090]

*[ALL] Added online messaging feature to distribute game news through the Main Menu.

 

That's it -- just the one change this time! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just fired up TLD after the update and got the pre-menu message about the Wintermute savewipe.

Really good idea to have important development messages sent directly into the game like this. Essential, even, in this case. Top work!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jesseofthenorth said:

Where can I find the changelist?

 

The first post of this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jesseofthenorth said:

Where can I find the changelist?

It was actually a very good joke, even unintended :D. Shortest changelog ever. Can't wait for the long Christmas one!

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a little problem after the update. I launched the game, pressed escape for the intro, and got a black screen instead of the menu. This happened a few times. The problem was solved when I let the intro end normally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this one of the reasons TLD was pulled from GOG; the game is now going to require an Internet connection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hawk said:

Is this one of the reasons TLD was pulled from GOG; the game is now going to require an Internet connection?

That would be a problem, I play from steam but mainly offline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BareSkin said:

That would be a problem, I play from steam but mainly offline.

I would hope that if we are offline, that the game would still work. Sometimes my internet isn't working... Rarely but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how many times you all clicked on the CHANGELIST v1.40 [42090]  expecting it to be a link, but it took me a few looks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of my Feats progress has been reset??? Why would the game reset my progress... It takes a long time to even get one of the feats. Now I have to redo all of the progress over again DX

Edited by JeremiahJohnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JeremiahJohnson said:

All of my Feats progress has been reset??? Why would the game reset my progress... It takes a long time to even get one of the feats. Now I have to redo all of the progress over again DX

@Support might help you, since you seem to be the only one so far reporting such a problem. I personally still have all my feats, maybe you should try to restart/reboot everything? Especially if you play from a console.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BareSkin said:

@Support might help you, since you seem to be the only one so far reporting such a problem. I personally still have all my feats, maybe you should try to restart/reboot everything? Especially if you play from a console.

Thank you. Ill try that, I just noticed it today. Don't know if its a weird glitch or what but I guess it aint the end of the world. Just a bit of a bummer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-11-23 at 6:24 AM, Polynomial-C said:

So you wanna tell us that from v1.37 to v1.40 all you did is this one single change?

1.38 was 4 Days of Night. 1.39 was turning it off. This change is badly needed, with the upcoming wintermute save wipe. It's definitely crucial to get that info out to people who might not read anything about the game online. The major changes are coming in December. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.