Custom game

Skelegutplays

So im going to play TLD today after a while and start a new custom game with difficulty being voyager but tuned to be more realistic.

The settings will be something like this

fatigue:high (its high on all default difficulties)

hunger thirst and cold: voyager

wolves:low but similar to stalker

bears:low

rabbits:medium

deer:medium

moose:medium

harvestable resources saplings wood mushrooms etc:very high

parasites:yes

loot:voyager

rifle:yes

starting gear:stalker

So what do you think and what region should i pick?

Well that depends how much have you played the game and how familiar you are with the maps?

But if you are well experienced and looking for something to do.

I would suggest surviving  for 100days/ however long you can  in each region. Ie start in PV and you have to stay there for 100 days using only whats on that map. Then start a new one in a different region. 

I found this was a good way once I was fairly familiar with most regions to really get to know the layout of every inch of all maps.

And I know I'm wierd but doing this challenge made Pleasant valley one of my favourite maps. As it was the most difficult/nerve racking map to fully explore all areas due to distances travelled from safe/base locations.

I am currently also trying to make something of a voyager / more realistic difficulty, and I came up with a configuration, here is the link:

02yY-YoVy-OhZy-FozF-rwAA

This is much more challenging Voyager with deadlier, but less common predators, medium animals, with the "animal scarcity" over the course of the game set to medium. Wolf fear is set to high to make them less predictable. No cabin fever and sprains, every other illness is on. The weather is more unpredictable and the world gets colder setting is set to medium. There is no grace period - the items are set high, and degrade slowly. I would consider no degradation but since that affects the natural meat and hides as well, I didn't. Animals are aware from far away, but the scent mechanics are left normal since they are pretty sharp on Voyager difficulty already. Wind changes often, Aurora is set to be at medium like in Voyager. (I would consider turning off food poisoning and affect the item condition degradation higher, but since that affects clothing degradation too, changes are up to you)

Freezing rate is set to high, calories burn to low, thirst to high. Fatigue is set to normal since high seems a bit too much in my opinion. Natural condition recovery is slow and rest recovery is medium. Fires do NOT set your temp above freezing and they don't prevent freezing, either - but you do wake up if freezing.

This, I think, is a rather realistic, fleshed out mode based on Voyager, with some more serious Interloper inspired settings. I haven't tried it yet myself, but this will be the settings of my new "long term" game I will attempt because the one I am in currently has some very boring factors to it. Let me know if you try my link, if it is in any way bad.

What's great about Custom is that you can make a game that you enjoy the most!  Some people like painful challenges while others (like myself) enjoy a more easy-going game.  Lately, I've been playing custom games with no wolves.  Sure, it removes a major challenge, but I compensate by making environment factors less forgiving.  Play around with 'em and have fun!

Archived