Over fishing ?

SneakySquid

I don't think it does. It would make no sense with the coastal fishing spots, at least - and even on the lake, if the lakes are sufficiently deep and nobody else is fishing there, it would probably take a lot of fish to diminish their numbers - the only places where I could see that happening would be the lake at TWM, and Pleasant valley - since those spots have only 1 fishing cabin, it is logical to assume fishing alone in there in sufficient numbers could affect the population of the fish there. The setting about fish applies to the ability to get a "catch" - and that may be affected by the reduced wildlife population setting, but I don't think there is a way to overfish, the same way as there is no way to over-hunt a region - regardless how much animals you hunt up, in couple of days those numbers will be back.

I think the idea of having over-fishing and over-hunting is a good one. If you strained a certain region too much of its resources, it would force the hunter to move into a different place to be able to hunt.

14 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Logically I agree, but I was reluctant to speculate.

No problem there. To be honest - the only thing we can do is speculate. Hinterland team is stingy on the particular details into how things work - they always were and always will be, I think - they enjoy keeping the game mechanics a mystery as best as they can to add to its nature.

I would speculate no over-fishing because there is over-hunting either. Of course, I can't be certain. But fishing to me seems to be a task where you trade time spent for a chance at catching calories, and the caloric pool is RNG, and infinite. But someone who did a lot more fishing then me might say something different.

Guest jeffpeng

I can only comment on this from a Stalker perspective, but at least on Stalker I didn't feel serious deminishment - if any - of fish population on Mystery Lake over several hundred days.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived