Loot Reset for December Update?

North

No idea where you came up with this. I havent seen this ever happen - except a long time ago in the past, some updates reseted the plants, but I have never seen a loot reset happen in the game.

The Hinterland official statement was that the Sandbox games will not be affected by the update at all. Only the Wintermute saves will be wiped away.

There is no plan for a "loot reset". 

Because of the significant changes to WINTERMUTE, the story mode, the saved gave files will not be compatible with the new REDUX versions of the game and Episode 3. So for story mode, you will need to either finish Episode 2 or restart at Episode 1 once the REDUX is released.

This in no way affects Survival Mode. There are no planned changes to your current Survival Mode saves. A "loot reset" would, in fact, bet against one of the central design choices of The Long Dark in that everything in the world is finite and failing. 

Thankyou for the help, I just remember a long time ago that containers that I had already looted somehow had loot in them again after an update, it has been a while since I have played the game and I didn't know if this was still the case

Archived