Rice and Instant Noodles

SneakySquid

I find that there is one type of food item that does not exist in TLD :low mass and slow deterioration but inedible when raw,high mass and fast deterioration when cooked.So I propose :

Rice:found in 1 and 2KG packs.Cooked by 500 hundred grams with 1 liter of water.600 calories per 500 grams.Weighs 1 kilo per portion (500 grams).

Instant Noodles :Found in 250 grams packets cooked with 0.5 liters of water.300 calories per packet.

Thank you for reading-Sneaky Squid

I agree about rice (not sul about gobbling up half a kg of rice, but if 2 kgs of meat are ok...), rice and dried legumes were actually frequently wishlisted. Eating a warm meal with many carbs would make everybody happier in the frozen woodlands. Even flour would be more than welcome, with some bear lard, a bit of sea salt and a pan I'd personally make great "piadine".

But instanoodles? Fascinating, but I don't think they'd be a common find in rural northern Canada.

38 minutes ago, Skelegutplays said:

Why do they weigh 250 grams each irl they are like 60 grams.

For balance issues, obviously. For the same reason why a 500 cal rabbit meat weights 1kg. 

I like these, always liked the idea of pasta or rice, a food that you have to "cook" in order to make it edible. I would go even further and say there should be no deterioration if uncooked, but a quick one once it is cooked. Also not sure about the instant noodles... but pasta is a thing, too :) 

Archived