Snow shelter in the "prep cave"

cullam

I'm finally buckling down and going to give Interloper a real go. I've gotten board of waiting out the last 50 days for my 500 day achievement on Stalker. I started in TWM, and tried to go straight for the summit. But I had trouble near the top, because I could only build a snow shelter so far out into the the opening of the prep cave, that I couldn't keep a fire going in a blizzard anywhere near it. Hey @jeffpeng, where do you set this up? Is there a spot futher back that I missed? Right now, I'm having to sleep one hour at a time, and running back to the fire after each hour of sleep. The ongoing blizzard doesn't help... 
Also, in case it's useful to anyone: I stopped at the crate by the dear clearing on the way up, and found 3 cloth. So I only had to tear up my socks to build the shelter! Could be worth checking out, on runs where you have the saw early. 

20181117163759_1.jpg

Guest jeffpeng

Here:

screen_f9366434-43e5-4bfb-b051-9f8449403370.thumb.png.b5f7ce99377504424c91926a69f3c58b.png

It takes some finding and you might want to drop a coal into the fire before you make it so you don't freeze building it. Use the grass as orientation points. :)

Archived