Notes left behind - do they change?

Jolan

Does anyone know if there is a random element to the Notes Left Behind.  I'm generally not finding notes, or cairns for that matter in places where I've previously found them. I'm on day 73 or so have explored most of ML and about 2/3rds of MT and I've found all of 4 notes.  

Nope. The same notes are always found in the same places. They were created by the backers of the original Kickstarter series - if they contributed a certain amount.

Same goes for cairns. Again, they were placed in set places around the world as a thank-you to the backers. On occasion, the cairns have a special name - this is for backers that donated more. 

I am sad that I wasn't around for the Kickstarter - they gave out some cool limited edition items. I would have contributed for sure - this game already sounded like a dream come true back then. I just didn't know about it :) 

Link to the kickstarter: 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jeffpeng

@Mroz4k It's amazing how many more ideas they had about TLD and it's really sad how much of it hasn't made it into the game yet - or might never will. As amazing and outstanding as TLD is, it's not half of what it could (have) be(en).

Archived