Faithful Cartographer Achievement ...help please.

Alonzo.

I started a new survival game so I can earn the achievement. 

Mapped everything in DS, Crumbling Highway and now I am at Coastal Highway.

Everything went fine until I arrived at the Log Sort area where I could map the map location but house icons are not showing anymore. I went on and tried the trailer above the Log Sort area....still nothing. I went at the fishing huts...nothing. I went at Jackrabbit Island....nothing. Fishing camp...etc. Also vehicles not showing anymore.

Items like corpses, birch, etc are still showing.

So far from the achievement list everything is mapped (Gas Station, Abandoned lookout, etc) and not sure if house markers such as the ones at fishing camp will count towards the achievement or not.

Question is if I would start all over again or ....?

Thank you.

I have attached images from the In Game map...as you can see the house markers not showing. And the other image of locations marked so far. The ones with blue line near are not showing on the map.

20181116180459_1.thumb.jpg.4c86cb786320de29604512b142991a00.jpg

530202531_preview_CoastalHighway.thumb.png.dd169f7c26625604e6f14fbc9488ed12.png

As far as I know, the locations have to pop up on the screen. Not enough to have been in the area and mapped it...you have to find the spot to activate the name of a particular place to come up on the screen. I may be wrong, but that's how I understand it to work.

Good luck. :)

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, Alonzo. said:

Activating the location on the screen and in log book isn't a problem right now. 

Welcome to the forum @Alonzo.!

The mapping can be a bit finicky. My experience is not as widespread as your CH map, but when mapping it is my practice to enter the area and then map from a key location, such as by standing in the door / entrance while mapping, for caves stand near the icicle, (in this way the icon mapping works about 8/10 times).

Best of luck my friend. :coffee:

Hi @Alonzo., you will find a detailed list of the locations needed in the opening post of this thread here:

http://www.hinterlandforums.com/forums/topic/17795-faithful-cartographer-achievement-locations-in-the-long-dark-spoilers-updated-for-vigilant-flame/

There are two type of markers that you need to map for the achievement: “icons” and “location triggers”. All of them are listed in the thread above, and you will also find additional tips and info from other players.

Any other icon (including fishing huts, cars, corpses, etc.) or locations that are not listed, are not required to get the achievement, so I’d say you don’t need to start all over again.

Good luck and keep surviving! :):coffee:

Yeah I am still going strong with this but I am taking my time to explore everything. I have the game for a long time and this is my third try towards the faithful cartographer achievement. I'm glad I also finished Timberwolf Mountain, Penitent Scholar, Waste Not, Want Not and Living Off the Land in this current sandbox game.

Gonna see if I can make Exploration Game,  Skilled Survivor, Faithful Cartographer and The Will to Live. :coffee:

Archived