tulkawen

Newbie Survivor Log

9 hours ago, BareSkin said:

I nearly died around here once, I was so sure to find at least 1 house... lost a lot of health to hypo this day.

It's certainly a long journey from DP barefoot and without a bedroll.

Day 5

- Not bad at all, health somewhat under half.

- It's a bit early so I shredded a bunch of curtains until light.

- Brown sky, negative 38 and wind, not a drop of food left, pull up your panties and move it.

- It would be nice if those fishing huts had fishing rods.

- Salty crackers and a maple leaf hat, I'll take it instead.

- Two wolves travel across the ice in parallel, intimidating.

- Luckily I need to turn in the opposite direction on the bank to a busy area, cars and houses surrounding the gas station.

- One of these homes can be entered, a good one, pork and beans, summit soda, granola bar.

- A sports vest, at last some upper body clothes, one bandage, fuel book and another storm lantern at 50%

- Since the warmth bar turned full stepped out to open all mailboxes, run around burned houses and peer into cars, I can open the fuel tanks? All right, anything for me then? nope

- What's at the gas station? food! candy bars, herbal tea, soda, jerky, tomato soup, pork and beans, so far the food is generous.

- Getting simple tools is nice too and a sewing primer, how nice to have three books on sewing and not a single sewing kit.

- Matches, daaaw, you're going to spoil me, and a couple of cans, great double my water boiling production.

- Check the remaining cars and head back to the comfy house.

- Failed to repair the storm lantern, no more metal.

- Drank soda and read kitchen wilderness for an hour

- My pack is too heavy, let's organise a cabinet, I should really learn how to take notes, it's difficult to remember where everything is stashed

- Eat crackers and granola bar before a good night sleep.

Posted (edited)

“Survival is the celebration of choosing life over death. We know we're going to die. We all die. But survival is saying: perhaps not today. In that sense, survivors don't defeat death, they come to terms with it.”
Laurence Gonzales, Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why

Day 6

- That is some stormy wind shaking the house, not even going to check.

- Ate 2 candy bars and finished reading the wilderness kitchen. It sounds calmer now.

- Left wk book and picked up a sewing book before heading out

- Soooo, what's across the road? a ruined house, another ruined house and one to be entered

- Rawr! Woof! Don't trip over yourself in a hurry to eat me, I'm too close to a house

- Peaches, beans, candy bar, herbal tea, newspaper in a bathtub, everyone loves reading in the bathtub

- I hope the wolf isn't guarding this house, peeked out, seems clear, back across the road to warm up in another house

- I believe there is a trailer uphill, that's the place to go, just be careful of the bear cave nearby

- Just a piece of reclaimed wood, I'll take it

- Negative 7 only? that's extremely warm, I'll take advantage and climb the rope

- Careful through the forest to the road, yes, there is the wolf and he's heading along the same course, I climb uphill and head parallel to him hiding behind the boulders

- Eventually a mountain blocks the way and I must climb onto the road, I have outpaced the wolf, he's behind

- It's difficult to see the tower among the pine trees, climbed some boulders to scout, there is the tower. Crunch! Ow, my ankle

- Gather beards and rosehips anyway as I go

- Climb a million stairs. It's -1C at the lookout, the bed offers zero bonus. Boo!

- Let's get the fire roaring and check what's in here, another cotton scarf

- Hurray! It's what I always wanted! A hacksaw hidden under an armchair and more matches.

- Let's even use the coal to build 4h fire and sleep off the injuries

Night 6

- Big windows show a curtain of smashing snow outside.

- Crafting four bandages and every stack in the inventory

- Cooking everything too, strange, I thought I had two herbal tea boxes

- Ding! you become more skilled in cooking, which is the first skill to reach lvl 2, precious extra calories, this canned food can be boosted

- Used more coal, I wasn't planning on camping here part of the day and full night, it is too cold without the fire however

- A chocolate bar and jerky before 6 more hours of rest.

- I feel relief having survived Desolation Point. My demise will come inevitable, but being safe even for the briefest instance brings comfort.

Edited by tulkawen
  • Upvote 1

Day 7

- The blizzard stops, so far so good, rest another hour, still strong wind, heat up herbal tea for warmth and go go go

- Negative 34C, the nearest shelter might be the mine, go there before I become popsicle

- Negative one at the mine entrance, grabbing lantern oil, emergency stim, driving gloves, simple tools, then head deeper where it's +5

- So much coal, coal is very welcome, the passage is twisted and has bountiful nooks

- Prybar #2, I'm very happy with both prybars, both came at 99% then work worn boots, that's a great shoe update, metal scraps, jerky and more matches

- The wooden stairway goes up, a green box on a nearby landing can't be reached from here, I think I see another tunnel behind it

- Broke 2 green crates along the way

- Heads up, there is a Pleasant Valley exit ahead

- I want to check the side corridor first, I've seen one branch off and suspect it goes to the green box, it actually does and not in vain, yummy jerky

- Made a stash of extra items like a prybar and coal, still half kg too heavy

- Whelp, I recognise Pleasant Valley by a pleasant blizzard, gtg anyway, without the bedroll the fatigue will kill me

- I would have loved to camp inside the mine with a bedroll and wait out the weather

- Since first you need to go along the wall and then turn left to reach a well marked highway and follow this highway, I have hopes of not losing the way, but I'm never sure on directions

- This is super dangerous, health owie, walking walking, come on you can do it, oh here's the road, I should be good unless I turned in the opposite direction along the highway

- You're at the crossroads! It looks like these crossroads are lucky for me because I see a house

- One reclaimed wood, a lot of metal frames and crates, no bed, at least it's warm enough to melt a few icicles off my ears

- Has the wind calmed down? Snow falls in big flakes, the sky is dark but not a blizzard and another house across the road

- There is a bedroom! The kitchen has food.

- It shines, it bites, it opens cans! dum di dum all I had to do was travel four maps

- Failed again at lantern repair, got it done 2nd try, 52% feels much safer than 23%

- The long suffering jeans I have taken off to preserve have finally bitten the dust, been wearing undies all along since wolf attack train wreck

- Dug into my supplies and slept with the magic help of the herbal tea

Day 8

- The night blizzard sure failed to stop

- Ate peaches and jerky to finish an entire sewing book

- Still hearing awooo, a few 15mins crates won't occupy time well, all right I will take the beating and run across the road

- Three hours to hacksaw a metal shelf, let's do it for 8 metal pieces, still windy, busted two green crates

- No awooo? Peek out to heavy snowfall, let's check the cars while I'm warmed up, one of them has driving gloves

- Return to the bedroom house, tear up 9% driving gloves and put on my new ones

- Let's satisfy with beans at 600 cal, it's a bit short but I haven't found any food today and have burned up a lot for activities

• Upvote 1

Day 9

- Let's go check what's across the bridge; another resource house and -1C inside boo

- Checking cars and getting hypoth, so fast? boo!

- Leap into a rural store, still cold? Wait, where are my clothes? oh took them off last night because all of them are in bad shape, no wander my rear is freezing

- Finally, my first sewing kit! I'll hold on to it just in case. Purification tablets, fire accelerant, soda and candy bars, more matches!

- There is no bed, too bad bed, I'm going to have to run back across the bridge to sleep off the ailments

- Moderate snow when I wake up, this is the blizzardville, I'm going to follow the river bank

- Maple saplings to the right, I think hacksaw works on them too not just hatchet, three of them and a deer ahead

- So this is really what I wanted to try, build a fire next to the deer and while the fire is warming up hacksaw the meat off, it's about 20mins activity

- Placed the meat onto the stones to cook, now I'm allowed to drop the coal in, hurray it's plus now even outside

- One piece of deer is small, about ten mins cooking, grabbed mushrooms on a stump nearby and collected cooked meat

- Harvested one gut, the other meat piece is almost cooked, the deer is next to a cave so I check the cave and find advanced guns book, umm I guess it's fuel on Loper

- Picked up my meat, I have taken health penalty harvesting the gut from something else which isn't cold, maybe hunger or fatigue, I'll eat this 118 small meat piece and drink soda before taking a hide and the second gut

- Two guts, a hide and 880 cal left for dinner, I think it was worth some health loss

- Grab the torch and head back to the house, hypoth sets in when I'm already at the bridge, perfect!

- I'll celeb.... bear!! Oh no! He's on my porch! I can't go around him, now he's looking my way, now he'd heading my way slowly!

- The guts might be attracting him, run to the store and drop the guts, saplings and deer hide to cure

- Bad weather sets in as soon as I close the door, it's too cold in the store and fires aren't allowed

- I very much hope the bear moved on. Sneaking cautiously over the bridge, the visibility is poor

- He's blocking the bridge on the other side, can't tell if he's heading this way or away

- Oww my poor health banged by fatigue and hypoth, if I don't reach a bed soon... I have maybe five rl mins

- Sliding dangerously down the steep river bank, if it doesn't let me climb the other side I'm screwed

- Pant, gasp all right I'm on the other side, still must climb this rock to scout the area, can't run head first into that bear

- I've lost him, where... where? ok I'm just going to make a run for it, I can either die to a bear being eaten by him or die to a bear trying to go around him

- Chaaarge! phew! owie that's like 15% at least I'm safe

- Wait I miss clicked and ate peaches instead of deer, um, ok ill drink herbal tea too and eat part of the meat piece

- I have earned a good night sleep.

Day 10

- woke up early and repaired the hacksaw after one fail

- let's go brrr -40C! dive into the store for the guts and hide but it's too cold to warm up in here

- skip along the yellow highway road to the contemplation bridge

- hay stacks and barn to the left, i hope the wolves aren't out to play to smell the guts

- negative 3 inside, shucks, start fire in the barrel and boil tea while it warms up enough to drop coal

- everything warms up significantly even on the second floor it's warm enough

- the first level has a hidden prybar, soda, a book stay on target, simple tools and a whetstone. let's raid the second floor

- All right game, I am not happy with you. I haven't mentioned this, but few days ago when I entered the coastal, the first car had a pink coat in the trunk, the game crashed when I exited the car. I had to re-do the segment and there was no coat. Today, one of the 2nd floor lockers had 99% ski jacket in it. The game crashed as soon as I pulled it out. It was gone when I re-loaded.

- yeah great thanks for stim and can of beans and for nothing, you owe me 2 jackets on interloper, game

- it's still midday, i don't think i want to stay the night and sleep in the truck

- yellow tractor outside has a granola bar, onwards to the farmhouse and a very soft bed

- the guts are 15% cured i'll feel better once i drop them some place safe

- i think it's best to take the bridge and then cut across to the farm, not seeing the wolves

- hi farm; the day warmed up, but after so much running the fatigue is an issue or i may have travelled more

- the farm has another vest in better shape but they cannot be doubled, still looking accusingly at you game, a hoodie as second sweater is welcome, more driving gloves and mittens, the mittens are a bit better

- herbal tea, hurray, i feel like i need to use herbal tea every single day for additional recovery, canned food and candy bars, wow i actually have enough food to hide some in the fridge

- i'm warm lets go out and check the car, a pack of wolf is hanging around moderate distance away, found more matches on the bench next to the fire barrel

- getting cold, basement time, whetstone, quality tools, matches and hacksaw, i still need a hammer, i wander if it was at riken after all, it's very complex to go there and check, if it's not that would be a bummer

- a lot of fatigue, return to the house and check the second floor, another book on sewing, this is the 4th one, another sewing kit is most welcome

- this is amazing it's 0 outside, i bet if i sleep a couple of hours it will change so i'll just have to do the regular night cycle

- deer meat on the menu and rest

“We were playing a game against an unknown and unforgiving opponent. The stakes were terrible—play well or die—but we didn’t even know the ground rules.”
Nando Parrado, Miracle in the Andes

Day 11

- I know another deer I can skin

- lots of snow and very early heading out, a pack of four wolves in stretched like a caravan, one of them is extremely close to the farmhouse

- i hope the cave is not occupied by the bear, hypoth sure gets me before i reach the deer

- started a fire next to the deer and set water to boil

- can't add coal yet and fire isn't enough to warm me at -9, harvested rosehips while it warmed up, then returned and harvested one big piece of meat

- added coal, set the meat to cook and drank summit soda mostly for calories to prevent more health hits then removed the hide

- grabbed meat before it burned and grabbed the guts, it's windy and the warmth bar didn't even fill completely while harvesting deer

- began cooking herbal tea and ran to the cave to drop the hide and guts

- almost died of fright upon receiving badge, i thought it was the sound was a wolf jumping around a tree to eat me

- set new cup of tea to boil and crafted rosehips, set more tea to boil and ran off to collect mushrooms that grow next to the cave and picked up four feathers

- took turns crafting mushrooms and boiling tea in parallel

- the weather has improved, i never like wasting clear days, i am tired nonetheless after this activity, i'm concerned if i climb the rope the fatigue will hit me badly

- uh no, not going for it, grabbed a torch and drank a cup of hot tea for the road and grabbed the guts with hide form the cave

- if those four wolves are still that close to the farmhouse i'll be puppy chow, or the bear, the bear also likes hanging out there

- lets not smell my guts all right? made it to the house

- oh bummer i wanted to drink mushroom tea but drank herbal, i really wanted to save that for 10h block

- i also forgot my cooked piece of meat! i dropped it into snow next to the fire because i didn't want it to attract anyone while i was sitting in the open

- all right i will drink mushroom tea and sleep 2h because fatigue hurts health too and then see what i can do, maybe break some green crates and i'll hope to find my meat tomorrow

“We were playing a game against an unknown and unforgiving opponent. The stakes were terrible—play well or die—but we didn’t even know the ground rules.”
Nando Parrado, Miracle in the Andes

Night 11

- woke up prior to 10h mark at 49% of cabin fever, oh shoot, the moon is still out

- what should i do? run outside and... that's unholy! blizzard! -51... -58... -64C!! got hypoth risk at the front door under one min while wandering how to save my hide

- run back into the house and through to the other side where the shielded porch is, it's zero in here, cabin fever goes from 51 to 52% ugh! it's considered indoor... nooo!

- death inside and death outside

- snow shelter? i'll freeze in it too, but maybe slower than standing flat out

- need more cloth, on the second floor upstairs... gah! 54% !

- run around the house, where is that fire barrel?? at least i have accelerant to get the fire in one go!

- can't add coal yet, the snow is blinding, let's build shelter... come on come on! i must place it close enough to the shielded fire! so hard to find a spot near... it keep showing red, hearing a bear sound while doing this

- 45mins for shelter, let's hope i'm not icicle by then!

- got it! ewww! it's -28C in shelter even next to the fire... come on coal save me!

- warmer, warmer! above zero! saved. my health is so beaten. thank you coal

- the sweater is 17% i guess i'll repair it, i had grabbed some extra cloth

1fmqnn6.png

Day 12

- that is one dawn i may not have seen

- i'm pretty sure if i go even across the road to pick one mushroom my health won't be able to take it

- i'm not fatigued at all

- i guess i'll eat and sustain the fire while hiding in the shelter and boil water

- the cabin fever risk is extremely sticky, it miserly went down to 48% after a chunk of the night... there should be several hours discount for sleeping in blizzards

- while i do have a good stash of coal and firewood i can't say i'm prepared to use all of it to sustain a fire full day and night, and i have other plans for coal like harvesting deer carcasses, unfortunately it's not warm enough to do this with a regular fire

- i literally have nothing to do, the books are indoors too

- eat and sleep a bit and pass time, horrendous waste

- the day is not too terrible after that blizzard, i let the fire go out to check the temp, it's zero and counts against me...

- i'm going to repair my 38% hat and see if that helps, it does i'm at +1 now

- as the evening comes the temp drops again to -1 waited until warmth meter expired and then went indoors

- not tired, busted a chair and tore curtains

- the cabin risk is gone, took full day outside to get rid of it, i sincerely hope i won't get it again by sleeping 10h indoors

Day 13

- it's snowing heavily but no way am i staying inside

- there is a barn which i want to check, this new badge lets me sprint more, which is extremely useful

- very nice there is a barn and a deer half inside it, this means i can build sheltered fire next to the deer

- as i do so a wolf comes by and heads directly for the spot where i'm crouching behind the fire

- the wolf sticks his nose into the fire and runs off yelping, maybe i should build a second fire behind me, this barn only has two walls, i'm so paranoid he'll walk around and get my back

- drinking tea and coffee mostly for calories, woke up around 40% health only and it's obviously beaten by a cold trip, i have to keep eating during the day to prevent other health drains, cold does a good job at decimating

- picked up three crow feathers and began cooking coffee, the wolf loves this barn, he keeps walking circles around it and rubbing his back against the walls

- all right i can add coal and harvest, also set water to boil

- grabbed all i can, the day is on decline, come on wolfie shew shew, walk far far away on your patrol route

- i can see him from the barn angle, when he's relatively far i run for it

- used sprint to the full the turned around walking backwards, i think i gave him the slip, no pursuit

- let's go back to the farm, eat a good chunk of deer meat and rest

Night 13

- I can't time my rest well. I keep aiming to sleep 10h to recover but always wake too early around 6-8h mark fully rested. the fatigue starts beating you at certain level but that's before you are 10h of sleep tired. so you have to lose health to fatigue to get rest health, something is screwy here

- it's sounds very quiet outside.. umm... wow -38C but it's equally cold daytime too and it is bright, a starry blue night, very beautiful

- i'll dip into my fridge supplies and grab supplies in case of a blizzard

- i'm going for it... i want to climb to the signal hill...

- hop hop hop there is my deer meat! nobody swallowed it awesome

- rope climbing sure takes a lot out of you

- i keep missing the signal hill turn to the station... oh there is the tower! let's go inside and sleep off the fatigue plus cold

IW0q1y8.png

Day 14

- i wander if this station has any clothes for me, pried open the lockers

- there is a ski jacket, soooo, somebody's feeling guilty, i don't forgive you, this one is 23% and that one was 99

- soooo health still wobbly, i don't need to travel far to take care of a deer right outside the fence

- oh i'm out of tinder plugs heh there is a cardboard inside, i'll tear that up to get 3 of them and clear up the space

- it's also good to break things because sometimes there are items behind them, not this time

- it's sort of windy, a tree sort of offers a windbreak

- harvested the deer, went inside to drop the guts and hide, still fire burning and daylight left

- i really don't want cabin fever, might be better to sit by the fire

- i'm going to repair my ski jacket, got it done once and raised to 52% i should repair again

- whoa there! it's only 45min repair but the wind blew out my fire and gave me medium hypoth risk

- brrr! at least the repair was successful i'm going to have to hide inside

- blizzard sets in as soon as i hide at the station

- search the rest of the cabin. yay! that's where the heavy hammer was hiding, tricky spot too under a grey item that masks grey hammer

- fairly generous on food too

- heavy weight, i'll hide the prybar in the locker among other stuff and keep the hammer to fight off the wolves, prybar is a magic key for things opening and can't be repaired

- bust a chair, i hope this will let me sleep enough, now rest

Day 15

- hearing powerful wind outside, what's this? a metal shelf worth over 2h of work, let's cut it

- that sounds like it subsided, skip hop over the snowdrifts, the cave and hunters blind aren't that far actually but its possible to run into a bear or a wolf on the way and it's so cold that you do catch hypoth just one way there

- going to build a fire between the deer and the tree, can't guess windbreak because wind direction changes, failed once starting a fire

- it's not too hateful, while the fire is warming up for coal gathered feathers and checked a frozen guy next to the deer, 7 feathers that's good, also grabbed mushrooms

- i am seeing a wolf, he is relatively far but i am concerned meat and guts will lure him in

- drank coffee and ate sardines to preserve health then took the hide and guts off

- while the deer meat was cooking checked the cave and gathered mushrooms, the cave had salty crackers

- ventured to the hunters blind too, it had a field dressing book

- got lost on the way back to the deer, oh shoot i don't want the fire to run out, all the rocks in this area look exactly the same

- oh i got, i see crows circling, i know which way to run, got back with 4mins left on the fire and dropped cedar log into it

- i'm going to craft many mushrooms i gathered and make them into tea

- poof! 6mins left on the fire? booo you wind, in 15mins of crafting it blew out over 1h worth of fire

- the crows dropped more feathers while i was cooking. i got 10 from this trip. let's get out of here, the wind is very cold and makes walking difficult

- i'm seeing this wolf again, he's far but i think he did pin me due to guts because he is walking on intercept course

- i'm going to try to evade him and walk instead of sprinting because if he gets close i'll sprint then

- managed to get around him by walking an extra circle to put boulders between us

- dropped hide and guts and went back out, i have 3 rosehips bushes right outside the fence and keep walking past them

- the moon is part out, i'm going to eat a candy bar and read an hour and then have my herbal tea plus deer meat and sleep

“what you were
will not happen again.
the tigers have found me
and I do not care.”
Charles Bukowski

Day 16

- this is good! i did nail 10h and health is around 70% that's great!

- the moon is still visible and still too early. i can craft and maybe read 1h if it lets me

- i can eat this small piece of deer meat before reading... oowww awww! food poisoning? it was at 70% tarnation!

- at least i have mushroom tea... i'm not even the slightest bit tired oh that just great and i need to sleep 10h... at least the sickness is giving me really quick fatigue

- lets use the hacksaw on this metal box and toaster to get tired

- ugh misery slept in three or five hours bursts to get rid of the poisoning... got it done by evening... there went my good health once in a blue moon

- the skies are evening pink and the temperature holds at -11C windless

- i can't say it's safe to travel at night but i am on the wrong end of the cycle and 100% not fatigued and shame to waste this evening

- i want to check the frozen pond, going to take the hammer not prybar, i think hammer is good for ice breaking too if there is any fishing gear, grab all my food, drink coffee for the road

Night 16

- crossed the river and reached the pond before the sun completely went down

- started a fire in the fishing hut to warm up, it's actually +2C without any coal considering saving the coal then

- nice i found work gloves at 92%

- found a newspaper and a guide on survival. i'm going to bite a chunk off the deer meat and read an hour to warm up before checking the pond

- wow i sure am warming up slowly, read 2h more until the bar is full

- drank a cup of warmed up coffee before peeking out, there is modest visibility and heavy snowfall outside now

- went up bank to harvest mushrooms and ended up walking around the lake instead of back to the fishing cabin due to poor visibility

- bumped into the picnic table and found a camper on the bench who has summit soda and four crow feathers around him

- i see the dock from here, went to it and checked the fishing boats, also empty, now i can see my fishing hut

- blizzard picked up as soon as i entered it

- ate the rest of the deer meat and drank tea to finish reading the entire book

- began crafting mushrooms and boiling all sorts of teas

- ended up using a piece of coal after all, the temperature began dropping

- i hope i am getting good outdoor hours for spending all night out

- the blizzard subsided only at sunup

Day 17

- collected rosehips and cattails around the lake then hid in the cabin to warm up, windy and -42 though began warming up

- i'll walk around the lake a bit more to see if i missed anything before heading back, drinking more coffee to fight off the fatigue

- ended up walking farther than anticipated, crossed the river under the bridge and walked to the mountains where i bumped into a small and bare cave

- rushed back to warm up at the hut, i think i'm done here or the fatigue will get me

- it got warmer -16C and fairly good with clear skies, grabbed a torch for a walk

- bumped into one birch sapling during the return trip to the signal hill

- yeah yeah it's noon but fatigue

- tomato soup paired with summer soda and cattails for desert

- 10h worth of good rest

Night 17

- sounds nasty outside but my health is over half so yay

- i hate using pass time button but i have nothing to do

- drink some tea because it's sad how health crawls down when passing time and sleep

- most of the night passed, not hearing awooo, light my storm lantern and step out, meh heavy snowfall not too friendly

- pass another hour and try to sleep

- i have a lot of stuff, two deer hides and four guts still not cured to signal all wolves, i won't be able to use the rope, so i will take the long route

Day 18

- minus 42C? nope not going out there, tore apart the mittens and repaired my sweater then slept under an hour

- still ewww at -38 i guess i'll take it least the weather decides it's too good and traps me for another day

- rushing as much as possible and keeping rotation around for wolves but got hypoth real quick anyway

- there is a group of five birch saplings at the bottom of the hill that runs into the highway, picked up a couple of sticks

- oh there is a deer across the river, i super want it, there is also a wolf crossing the same river around the bend that raises his head like he can smell me

- hmm ok i will drop the guts on the bank behind the tree and then go on the ice and build a fire, the deer is by the mountain in a niche so there should be two way windbreak

- it is windy regardless, the wind lumps an hour off my fire but then calms down and lets me take off everything without freezing, just one feather here

- i am worried about the wolf sneaking up on me around the boulder, i actually heard a bark but it may have been my neighbour's dog

- i'm going to drop the guts and return to the highway to follow it past the grey car to the start of the river at the long curve

- taking a torch with me and dropping wood into this fire, i hope to return to it to warm up before rushing back to the farmhouse

- the grey car has mittens and a granola bar

- the frozen guy on the bank has sardines in his backpack and a can of dogfood, also three feathers and a new torch

- grabbed rosehips as well, this side trip was very much worth it

- returned to my fire which still burns and crafted rosehips and then boiled tea

- not going to boil water because i'm dragging 7.5L and it puts me overweight, i did leave 1L at the signal hill too

- now i need to grab 6 fresh deer guts and slip past all wolves that frequent the farmhouse field

- um... where are my guts? i left them by the tree? right? i hope nobody ate them, there they are, higher uphill

- i'm going to cling to the mountain side of the highway until i hit the side road that runs to the farm

- this means walking on hills, good thing i have that rosehip tea because there went my ankle, decided to cure it in case i need to run from the wolves

- if they do go for me i'll try to drop decoy, hopefully it will drop the guts and not my deer meat

- i do spot two long distance away, their course is towards the side road where i'm going

- used up sprint as much as possible and made it back

- dropped everything to cure, i have three cured deer hides too at this point and about six guts too

- food and sleep! i've been eating cattails and drinking teas during the day too while taking the deer hide off because i have taken a big chunk of the cold penalty and didn't want to accumulate with hunger

Day 19

- this is good! my health is around 70% yay!

- sounds like a big blizzard outside. i would like to craft some deer skin items. reading a sewing book prior will be helpful

- i'll just eat these sardines and ... awwww owww! you are kding me! food poisoning? come on! they were 54% booo! i am officially not allowed to have over 70% of health, then the game thinks my living is too good and literally tries to poison me

- i'm not tired too since i just woke up. ran around the house in the blizzard and dived into the basement to break two green crates, crying over the health i'm losing

- i'm tired enough now, rushing back to the house in the same blizzard, at least it's not the good weather i'm missing

- how about a nice can of dogfood and a cup of anti-poison tea before hitting the hay

Night 19

- woke up healed, miserly quarter health and not tired at all

- blizzard out. crawled through it to the basement and broke a green crate to get tired

- went back to the farmhouse to sleep

- checked how many cured deer hides i have. 3 and more than enough guts

- crawled into basement again in bad weather. too dark to craft

- go back to the house, pull all extra clothes from the closer and shred them. i have more leather and just 2 cloth

- grabbed tea from the fridge and went to the basement

Day 20

- wanted to craft rabbit traps and set but it's horribly cold and i'll freeze even if i'm close to the house

- began working on deer pants 2h at a time and drinking teas

- one sewing kit used up with 47mins remaining also got hit by the cabin fever at 7%

- disposed of the kit and used a new one to finish the job

- hurray! i have deer skin pants +2 warmth. i need +40 since it's -40 every day

Night 20

- checked on the snow shelter by the fire barrel. son of a blizzard! it's at 7% !#%@$% it was almost 80!!

- oh that's just great i need 3cloth to fix it. i have 2. started a fire and shredded socks

- added coal and fixed the shelter

- warmed up pork and beans. ate them and slept 5h