tulkawen

Newbie Survivor Log

103 posts in this topic

Day 17

- Finally got the rhythm going and repaired everything

- That wolf made me burn a lot of resources, health is lingering lazily around 60%

- I should get going, the food isn't in the greatest supply

- Walked back across the waterfall bridge where earlier I spotted another way down

- This is a fairly steep snow slope. I checked whether I will be able to climb back up; yep I will

- It leads under a bridge where an adventurer gives me a box of ammo

- The riverbed has some cattails, I'll grab those and eat two

- Keep following the river along the banc with the mountain behind me, keep considering going back but advance anyway

- I don't like this area, high snow hills and a lot of tress obstructing the sight

- A roof appears ahead... crack!!! that was my ankle, two of them to be precise, this survivor likes breaking two at a time mostly

- Limp to this small cabin not much hopeful that it has a door, but it does and a bed too. Lucky!

- Broke two crates and stepped out to build a fire

- The firewood is not far, but the limp is terrible and this old cabin is extremely creaky

- I keep hearing predators every two seconds, sure I won't make it to the door from two steps away

- The wind is also making the trees screech; was very happy when the water boiled, then I cooked some peaches and ate two more cattails

Night 17

- slept and woke up at perfect health

- tore up extra pants, shirt and jacket until it got brighter

- repaired new pants, got better at sewing

- fail at sleeping bag repair

- zzzz

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tulkawen said:

I keep hearing predators every two seconds, sure I won't make it to the door from two steps away

It’s a good idea to listen carefully to the world, I’ll often stop completely still so I can better hear what is going on around me. There are a lot of spooky sounds. Not everything is as threatening as it seems and some of the most dangerous sounds are amongst the quietest. Wolves pad gently across the snow, when you hear them howl you at least know where they are.

Good to see you’ve made it to Coastal Highway. Quite a journey for a newbie to make in just 17 days.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Czhilli said:

It’s a good idea to listen carefully to the world, I’ll often stop completely still so I can better hear what is going on around me. There are a lot of spooky sounds. Not everything is as threatening as it seems and some of the most dangerous sounds are amongst the quietest. Wolves pad gently across the snow, when you hear them howl you at least know where they are.

Good to see you’ve made it to Coastal Highway. Quite a journey for a newbie to make in just 17 days.

That's for sure! The two sounds that scare me the most are my own yawns and the flag flapping. :D

I've also learned not to go to red alert when the wolves howl. I think it was my second game when I was at night in the fog when I heard a howl like that. Oh maaan did that scare me! I've never heard that one before.

B| I'm going to keep marching on into new areas until something big and furry eats me.

• Like 1