Hi from the UK

Direwolves

I've been lurking around the forums for a while trying to soak up tips and finally got around to making an account so I can start contributing!

I've played The Long Dark for a while now. I think I first played back before Wintermute came out, but I could be remembering wrong. I adore this game despite being absolutely terrible at it, and in far too many hours of gameplay I'm pretty sure my top survival time is still only about fifteen days! I usually end up getting murdered by wolves despite playing on Voyageur, and have absolutely no clue what I'm doing wrong but it's gotta be something.

I'm from the UK and about to start a job at a fancy travel company doing marketing, and I'm not going to lie, the beauty of The Long Dark has me keeping my fingers firmly crossed that I get one of the free holidays with work to Svalbard or Finland.

Lovely to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Nicko! I have tried Pilgrim but got a bit bored with it to be honest - I know my way around the maps fine, I think I just haven't yet figured out the right balance of risk to reward and end up piling into way too much risk! I think it's a testament to The Long Dark that I still enjoy playing it even though I'm pretty bad at it, there's always enough reward to keep me going.

Archived