Welcome to Canada

TurkeySteam

I've been playing TLD for almost 2 years and just joined the forums. I joined because not all my questions have answers on YouTube but here pretty much everything a person needs to know is ready for reading. Thanks to everyone putting in time and effort here! Oh and I live in Canada.

Welcome! Hope you will enjoy your stay here on the forums :)

Also, please dont be discouraged to post your ideas, stories or just general chat, even questions you might have. The game grows mostly thanks to people, coming around and re-discussing and sharing their ideas. Most of the things that vere included in the game since it came out were heavily discussed and re-discussed on the forums.

In a way, you have a chance to contribute to the game in here :)

If you have any questions, you can try to PM me - if I know the answer, I am happy to help. Same goes for most people on these forums.

On 11/13/2018 at 2:04 PM, stratvox said:

Oh yeah? Nice :) Do you ever get out and about? Are you downtown? West end? Across the causeway?

I'm a little North of Kingston, just out from Montreal street, but I love going downtown. I like Confederation park, right on the water. I'm going to school in Kingston right now 

On 11/17/2018 at 10:24 AM, delpodestroyer said:

I'm a little North of Kingston, just out from Montreal street, but I love going downtown. I like Confederation park, right on the water. I'm going to school in Kingston right now 

Cool :) St. Larry's or Queen's? Or am I thinking you're older than you actually are? I work down in that part of town in a distributed computing startup. 

If you're interested, my blues band (Sweet Pete and the Heat) are going to be playing at Musiikki on Sunday, Dec 18th from 8-11. I also play in a disco/funk band called Funkyfrenz, and we'll be at the Toucan on Dec 28th starting at 10:30 (for those that need a break from the fam time). Come by and say hi and we can evangelise the game!

Good to see you on the boards TurkeySteam

For those that don't know, Turkey has a youtube channel with  a whole bunch of awesome Long Dark videos. If you want some dry Canadian humour mixed in with your quiet apocalypse I suggest you check them out. The entertaining "room mates" series he did is pretty great and what he lacks in precision bow shooting he makes up for with some pretty nifty wolf manipulation with rock throwing ;) 

On 11/20/2018 at 7:48 AM, stratvox said:

Cool :) St. Larry's or Queen's? Or am I thinking you're older than you actually are? I work down in that part of town in a distributed computing startup. 

If you're interested, my blues band (Sweet Pete and the Heat) are going to be playing at Musiikki on Sunday, Dec 18th from 8-11. I also play in a disco/funk band called Funkyfrenz, and we'll be at the Toucan on Dec 28th starting at 10:30 (for those that need a break from the fam time). Come by and say hi and we can evangelise the game!

I'm not that old! Lol. Still in high school, last year. That's cool that you're in bands. I'd like to see your band but last time I tried my fake id I got kicked out! Although I've been in the Toucan without them even checking it so maybe! 

Well, you can hang out at Musiikki without being of age, just don't try to buy booze (and don't... Frank'll make you instantly). I've been informed that the Musiikki gig was mis-scheduled, and it's actually the 23rd of December. Goes to show I should look at the calendar because the 18th isn't even a Sunday.....

4 hours ago, stratvox said:

Well, you can hang out at Musiikki without being of age, just don't try to buy booze (and don't... Frank'll make you instantly). I've been informed that the Musiikki gig was mis-scheduled, and it's actually the 23rd of December. Goes to show I should look at the calendar because the 18th isn't even a Sunday.....

As much as I'd like to come, I'll be out of town that weekend for a Christmas party. Hopefully there's a next time! 

Archived