A Deerskin coat or...

Kongo-Otto

Concerning the deer jacket I think there are more pressing matters, such as another use for wolf pelts. Wolf skins are way more common than deer ones, and Jeremiah's  extremely awesome wolf hood makes me aurora-green with envy. That said, rabbit skins could be used for some kind of shirt, to have an inner layer item.

I've questioned the lack of craftable clothing in the second mailbag and Raph alluded to difficulties with the clothing interface as the reason for the scarcity of other options. He also confirmed that a craftable hat is something the community requests nonstop.

I'm hoping we get some kind of craftable headgear but again, I was expecting it the last two updates and it never materialized. 

On 10/31/2018 at 3:32 PM, Kongo-Otto said:

a deerskin Jacket would be nice in the game. We already have deerskin trousers and deesrskin boots, so yes, if you guys at Hinterland could give it a thought, it would be appreciated.

A rabbit pelt cap would be nice too. ;)

I like the fact that the wolfskin coat forces you to go to a forge to get a knife. For the rabbit hat, +1. Same stats as a Tuke, but twice it's weight. And then a wolfskin hat twice as heavy for +50% stats.

On 2.11.2018 at 12:54 PM, Doc Feral said:

Concerning the deer jacket I think there are more pressing matters, such as another use for wolf pelts. Wolf skins are way more common than deer ones, and Jeremiah's  extremely awesome wolf hood makes me aurora-green with envy. That said, rabbit skins could be used for some kind of shirt, to have an inner layer item.

Another use for wolf pelts? I'm so glad you mentioned that.

Well, how about:

Wolfskin trousers, a Wolkskin hat and/or the famous hoddie, a pair of wolfskin boots would be fine too. And last but not least how about a wolfskin bedroll?

On 2.11.2018 at 12:04 PM, gnomegnine said:

Recipe? Stats? I think it would be 2.5 c wind bonus and 2.5 c warmth, 3 deerskins, 4 guts

I think 3 deerskins and 4 guts sounds reasonable, about the stats, maybe somewhere in  the range of the mackinaw jacket and military coat but with 10% protection instead of 5/8%.

Archived