Thank You Hinterland for 4D0N 2018

BareSkin

Hello everyone, hello Hinterland.

I have not yet completed the event, since I have to work before that. Of course some will spend time arguing on what could have been done better, that the event was to easy / too hard, etc, etc... But the event is already a success, since it brought many people to the game, and also to the forums, and people had a lot of fun sharing their adventures, whatever their age, sex, social position.

I hope many other people will feel the same way. Feel free, all of you, to send some love to the Hinterland Team. They didn't have to do something, but they did, and it's a success.

proxy.duckduckgo_com.thumb.jpeg.0ca339c989c9271b623f389a290a72e2.jpeg

I did that on twitter, but I will gladly repeat myself here :) It was very enjoyable, a very good idea to start with, nice challenge and nice pacing ( even though I hated the timing - I know it's supposed to be on some date and stuff, but it would be so much better done over the weekend, so fr-sa-su, etc.. from what I've heard a lot of people missed it completely.. :/ ) and the fact that you could prepare ahead for what was to come was really nice :)
Thank you, see you in a year for next 4don ;D

The event brought me back to the game after a longish break.
Events are perfect for a game like this, and I really hope there will be more of them. Once a year is not enough.
This year was better than last year- I liked the progression and can tell a lot of thought went into it.

Thanks Hinterland for making us wonder why we enjoy wandering around in the dark and cold being pursued by scary wolves, messing with our heads and making us realize how crazy-paranoid we have become about what could happen.

Thank you for not burning down the Camp Office because that would have made a lot of us sad.

:)

Yes, a big THANK YOU to Hinterland is order.  4DON got me back to The Long Dark for the first time since February.  It was great to play the game with only short-term goals in mind, and face each day's special challenges.  This was a real treat (pun intended).  I very much look forward to next year's event.

I also really enjoyed the event and I´d be happy if there were more.

I especially liked the multiplayer feeling. The high activity in the forums as we all went through the same challenges in our games was great. It was really fun to read and participate and I think TLD has a pretty nice community.

The idea to give the players only four days resulted in some different playstyles. You didn´t have to keep your hatchet and save bullets, for example. This gave some interesting new opportunities. I would also appreciate if you added more challenges in general.

So thank you for three great event days - number 4 could be twisted a little - and I´m looking forward to the next event!

Cheers! I loved it. I'm currently getting my last two hours of day four. :D It brought me back to the game and it's definitely made me think seriously about doing some of the other challenges, which I haven't tried at all yet. Also trying a run on a higher difficulty level? :o Thanks, Hinterland!

I just got a midnight badge. The event was incredible!

Hinterland team: I want to thank you very much for your efforts to prepare the event. Despite fact that I played TLD for couple hundred hours before, it was amazing experience for me. I've spent wonderful time playing 4DON 2018 edition - from the first to the last day. Now it's time to pack my gear, get some cover and wait for episode 3! It is a pity that I can't just hibernate, it would be faster...

My dear fellow players: 4DON was a wondeful opportunity for me to get involved in the community. There are so many great people here that I can share my gaming experience with. This event wouldn't be the same without all this discussions and speculations about "fire" and "yet"... ;) I'm not sure if I spent more time in the game, or on the forum dedicated to 4DON. Thank you all for sharing your stories and ideas about surviving this event, I had a wonderful time reading you. You are the greatest and the most positive gaming community I've ever met - thank you all for your attitude. If one day electricity will go off and the snow will fall, if the aurora will appear in the sky and the wolf will howl, I'll find you. Toghether we prevail. :coffee:

I'd also like to thank HL for this opportunity.  The event was fun, but as others have said, I actually got more enjoyment from reading and sharing this community event.  While at work and unable to play, it was great being able to pop on now and then and read about what others were experiencing.  Thanks.

Archived