Sign in to follow this  
Savra

Greetings from the mountains!

5 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone! I've been participating in the forums a bit, but I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. You can call me Savra. I live in Tennessee next to the Appalachian mountains, and I enjoy hiking in them when I can. The Long Dark feeds my love of nature.

I have over 100 hours in the game and am working my way through the challenges, although of course I've taken a break from that to participate in 4DoN. This is my first year doing 4DoN and I'm loving it.

I play on Steam, but I also have a few consoles and enjoy gaming in general. My other "ongoing games" besides TLD are Guild Wars 2, Hearthstone, and Magic the Gathering.

Welcome to the forms @Savra! Good luck surviving 4DON! I enjoy hiking as well. Too bad you can't take a hike in TLD without worrying about being eaten by a wolf or freezing to death!

Welcome...from the Great White North to the Blue Hills of Tennessee...

Welcome to the forums! It's quite funny to see so many people knowing the real cold, coming in a game to get even more.

I like your Ravine Bridge screenshot a lot.

Thanks, everyone! 

I love the cold. Winter is my favorite season, and if I lived anywhere that's warm year-round I would miss it too much.

@greatwhitegamer True, although I've run across bears while hiking in the Appalachians! I had almost made it to a summit when I had to turn around and go back down the mountain because a mother bear with two cubs were blocking the way in front of me. I definitely didn't want to tangle with that. It was a scary experience.