DAY 3 (spoilers)

Doc Feral

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Day 3 is in the bag.  I finished it up by leaving the camp office and standing outside in the field, passing an hour to save the game.  That way if the building DOES burn down, at least I won't be inside when it happens.  And if Day 4 comes around and everything is fine, just go back inside and see what might be present to discourage me from being there.

So I spent Day2 inside Quonset Garage, just put my head out twice only to rush back to the door after hearing wolfes howling. Then I decided to make tea and coffee.  Now I have about 5 kg of tea & coffee! Fortunately I have found a hatchet under the stack of tyres next to the working bench. That was really hard to see. I only saw it because I was running around the garage with a lit flare I took for my 10 sec trip outside of the garage and thought I'll look again around inside as I had a lot of time spare after deciding not to become wolf food.

Today I will rather stay inside too because I do not want to meet any wolfes outside and lose my "progress". I hope the blizzard will drive them off on Day4.

Now I just hope the buildings will not go up in flames tomorrow. I think that we will have to spent most of Day4 inside by the fire. In that case I hope to be able to get wood from furniture in the other houses nearby Quonset Garage. We'll see...

So I've been thinking about "Fire". Do you really think they will burn the buildings?  I mean, why? There really isn't any previous evidence that something like that would happen, unless maybe you are held up in a cabin that isn't reliably spawned each time.  I can't imagine them burning the camp office down or the farm house or the garage or any of the "main" structures.  Yet, the scardy cat part of me says, run to the clearing and hold up there, just in case.  Do you think they would take the time to code up a special "event" that takes all the buildings out?

1 hour ago, Mixxut said:

I... just died.....

Don't go in the dam on this day. I entered the dam and walked around it normally. And the all of a sudden I'm starting to burn! I go in to a panic mode and try to  escape, but the burning continues and I die... what a bullshit way to die, I swear I wasn't touching any wires... That's it for 4don for me.

AHHHH!!!!!

IT'S AN INVISIBLE FIRE-BREATHING DEMON FLUFFY!!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

:D

Sorry to hear about your electrifying finale.

4 minutes ago, Ardawna said:

Do you think they would take the time to code up a special "event" that takes all the buildings out?

I don't think so. I think if they wanted to be mean, it would be easier to just force-respawn all players in Hushed River Valley ;-)

2 minutes ago, Ardawna said:

So I've been thinking about "Fire". Do you really think they will burn the buildings?  I mean, why? There really isn't any previous evidence that something like that would happen, unless maybe you are held up in a cabin that isn't reliably spawned each time.  I can't imagine them burning the camp office down or the farm house or the garage or any of the "main" structures.  Yet, the scardy cat part of me says, run to the clearing and hold up there, just in case.  Do you think they would take the time to code up a special "event" that takes all the buildings out?

I'm not sure they can do this... but what do I know..lol....an easier solution would be that they could lock the doors to every structure and if your save involved you being indoors you would restart outside the structure... without access to everything you had inside... just make sure anything you can't live without is on you...who knows what they are going to do...

I don't think this will be the case, but at the same time...I wouldn't put it past them to throw a curveball like that just to keep us on our toes.   So I say why risk it?  I've come so far.

What I DO think will happen, is it's going to be a constant raging blizzard that does not stop, and interior temps will plummet to dangerous levels, necessitating a long and hot fire to stay alive.

Just now, ajb1978 said:

I don't think this will be the case, but at the same time...I wouldn't put it past them to throw a curveball like that just to keep us on our toes.   So I say why risk it?  I've come so far.

What I DO think will happen, is it's going to be a constant raging blizzard that does not stop, and interior temps will plummet to dangerous levels, necessitating a long and hot fire to stay alive.

Two thoughts on that:

1.  Do multiple fires stack for ambient temperature?

2.  Could it be that the only souce of survivable heat will be from the Jack-o-lanterns?

I think something will happen that forces people outside in a very bad cold blizzard.

IDK why I even like this game so much.  Something must be wrong with me.  And all of you, too.

2 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

this was my conclusion as well... in fact I am banking on it

5 minutes ago, Ardawna said:

Well, the implication of certain posts made by Hinterland suggests that SOMETHING is going to force all the people holed up in buildings into the open on Day 4.

Now, how exactly do you suppose they are going to achieve that?

Nobody knows for sure, but when you start thinking along those lines, the word "fire" suddenly takes on some possibly ominous connotations.

It may be (and I hope it is) just over-reacting to take precautions against such a possibility, but to not take precautions seems foolish.

2 minutes ago, Cr41g said:

I'm not sure they can do this... but what do I know..lol....an easier solution would be that they could lock the doors to every structure and if your save involved you being indoors you would restart outside the structure... without access to everything you had inside... just make sure anything you can't live without is on you...who knows what they are going to do...

I can't see them just ejecting you out of your preparation unless all your stuff spawned outside as well.  I could see them doing something simple like: "The [structure] is on fire!" With you losing condition, and your vision red or something, while inside.  Then you have your condition time to gather your stuff and bug-out.

But effectively just "deleting" anything not on you person in the structure would be random and mean.

1 minute ago, NardoLoopa said:

But effectively just "deleting" anything not on you person in the structure would be random and mean.

true...not everyone thinks like me...

but they have suggested that you won't be able to stay indoors so there will be a reason you may have to flee or just get outside

6 minutes ago, Khan_Drichthyes said:

Two thoughts on that:

1.  Do multiple fires stack for ambient temperature?

2.  Could it be that the only souce of survivable heat will be from the Jack-o-lanterns?

1. Yes, fires do stack.  So the most effective way to get a hot fire will be sticks and coal.  Start the fire with sticks, rapidly spike the fire with coal, and maintain the fire with sticks.

2. That's another possibility.  I doubt that would be the case, although if we DO get a neverending blizzard, building a snow shelter next to a jack-o-lantern sounds like a sure-fire way to survive it.

6 minutes ago, Morrick said:

I can't help thinking about the irony of having to flee a burning building to find yourself in a brutally freezing blizzard… 

"Well.. until the fire goes out, I'll just keep as close as I can to my burning house.. after that.. well, guess I'm screwed...."

4 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

1. Yes, fires do stack.  So the most effective way to get a hot fire will be sticks and coal.  Start the fire with sticks, rapidly spike the fire with coal, and maintain the fire with sticks.

2. That's another possibility.  I doubt that would be the case, although if we DO get a neverending blizzard, building a snow shelter next to a jack-o-lantern sounds like a sure-fire way to survive it.

Do the jack-o-lanterns give off heat? :-O (mind blown)

Cabin Fever alone won't stop someone from hanging out indoors.  I mean hypothetically you could just stand in the corner for 2 hours real time and just endure the exhaustion damage.  2 hours real-time is 40 hours game-time.  Stay fed and hydrated, you'd still be at 60% health by the end.  Assuming you were exhausted to begin with.  Realistically you'd probably be closer to 75%.

Archived