DAY 3 (spoilers)

Doc Feral

I actually ended up at Dave's Quiet Clearing because it blocks the wind (I gained warmth without a fire there) and there are no wolves at all in that pass. I can hear them, over by the lake near the camp office, but there's just no patrol paths here. And there's a stick spawn area just in front. Not many sticks, but sticks nonetheless.

Screenshot from 2018-10-30 10-15-02.png

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cr41g said:

anything I have read suggests wolves are rampant out on the lake but nosomuch around the camp office... you can easily sprint it from the ridge opposite it... I plan on going there tonight when I can play... I am going to need day 4 wood

they are crawling all over ML lake for me

12 minutes ago, Cr41g said:

Generally.. we all play the game normally at different levels and settings, but our experiences all vary widely

It just occurred to me how great this event has been.. everyone sharing a common experience... at the same time

Indeed :) Also, made it there safely, my back to the wall, rifle in hand, 30+ logs of firewood and some coal, 6L of water and 25 candy bars - bring on day 4!!

20 minutes ago, reginaphalange said:

To whoever's in a cave right now, esp the ML one by camp office, what's the Feels Like temp? I'm at 60F standing by a fire in Dave's Quiet Clearing, 36F away from fire. I imagine in a blizzard that will drop....

Here's mine, next to the fire (in celsius :))

screen_27c17686-ce64-452c-a648-909f7ae2cdb4.png

It IS great that we are all going through the same experience! It is terrifying for me yet so much fun! This event has really brought me out of my comfort zone. I love it that, even though I'm alone in game, I'm with you all in spirit and we are all sharing time together going through the same trials and challenges. Thanks for sharing allyour thoughts and ideas. My current plan is to relocate from the Camp Office to Dave's Clearing just to be on the safe side. Good luck out there and keep warm!

just a quick question to all those that made the trek from CH to ML... in the Ravine the climbing rope was missing that you could take to go down to the bottom and the river bed... but on my playthrough anyway...there was a rope in one of the train cars... I didn't have a lot of time last night...I barely got in my two hours...

did anyone make the descent to the bottom of the Ravine ?

Just now, Cr41g said:

just a quick question to all those that made the trek from CH to ML... in the Ravine the climbing rope was missing that you could take to go down to the bottom and the river bed... but on my playthrough anyway...but there was a rope in one of the train cars... I didn't have a lot of time last night...I barely got in my two hours...

did anyone make the descent to the bottom of the Ravine ?

No, I went straight through. I didn't think the descent/loot in the train car was worth the resources to get there and back.

Just now, stapeliad said:

.... is it true that if you start a new game the entire challenge starts over? From Day 1?

I would think you would start on the current day...day 3.. you can have multiple saves apparently...try one for fun

I... just died.....

Don't go in the dam on this day. I entered the dam and walked around it normally. And the all of a sudden I'm starting to burn! I go in to a panic mode and try to  escape, but the burning continues and I die... what a bullshit way to die, I swear I wasn't touching any wires... That's it for 4don for me.

29 minutes ago, Ardawna said:

It IS great that we are all going through the same experience! It is terrifying for me yet so much fun! This event has really brought me out of my comfort zone. I love it that, even though I'm alone in game, I'm with you all in spirit and we are all sharing time together going through the same trials and challenges. Thanks for sharing allyour thoughts and ideas. My current plan is to relocate from the Camp Office to Dave's Clearing just to be on the safe side. Good luck out there and keep warm!

I very much agree. I usually play my Survival sandboxes at Pilgrim level (I really love to explore first; I'll try more challenging levels later), and the 4DON Event really brought me out of my comfort zone. It may sound trivial, but even finding my way around in the perpetual night was a challenge in and of itself. I mostly stayed put during Day 2, I admit, but I'm planning to leave my base on Signal Hill today and head for one of the two caves nearby (an unnamed one, and the one called "Hilltop Cave"). Having no flashlight, I'm sure my relocation will be thrilling even if the trip to these caves is relatively short (and safe-ish in a traditional sandbox).

Stay safe, and good luck.

Well I've made a few firewood forays, and picked up a couple aurora wolves in the process.  Haven't bothered to shoot any yet though, since it's just far too much fun luring them towards a spotlight, then standing in the circle of protection and taunting them. :D

4 minutes ago, Mixxut said:

I... just died.....

Don't go in the dam on this day. I entered the dam and walked around it normally. And the all of a sudden I'm starting to burn! I go in to a panic mode and try to  escape, but the burning continues and I die... what a bullshit way to die, I swear I wasn't touching any wires... That's it for 4don for me.

oh no!!!!!!! That's really terrible. :(

6 minutes ago, Mixxut said:

I... just died.....

I'm very sorry! That sucks more than a vacuum cleaner.

Just now, reginaphalange said:

Has anyone actually found a flashlight? I admit I haven't explored much except the ML cabins near camp office.

I have two lol.  These "Supercharged Flashlights" function identically to normal flashlights, but the battery seems to drain at 1/4 the speed.  However it also seems to take 4 times longer to recharge, so....  Good to have two.  If one drains, switch out to the spare.

Archived