4DON Late Start/Catch-up [Potential Spoilers]

Erutor

I only got to play for about an hour on day 1 due to RL, and had to stop suddenly while outside between four corners and the CH/PV mine to get the coal and water I stashed. I have a super-charged flashlight, some clothes, and plenty of calories, but have only a crowbar to fend off demon wolves until the aurora arrives. I assume I'll be dead shortly after I resume.

This brings me to my question:

For those of you starting fresh after a furry encounter, or who didn't get a chance to play on day 1, are you finding any way to catch up, without the freedom to run around carefree collecting loot? Any tips you can share?

I have two saves going.  The first I had enough time Day 1 to collect a rifle, 20 rounds, half decent clothes and enough food/water to bunker up to get the badges.

However my second save is completely fresh starting during day 2.  I'm thinking I'll do this every day just to enjoy the challenge while still holding on to my coward-survivor.

My game plan is to hit jackrabbit, fishing houses and then to ML.  I don't think there's much of a way to 'catch up' to the level of what day 1 loot fest allowed, but I'm thinking this might be more fun anyway ;).

My advice would be to play slow and careful if you purely want to survive the 2H for the badges.  But if you want to be more adventurous I'd go straight for the JOL caches fending wolves off with your FL, flares and fires along the way. 

GL out there!

19 minutes ago, Klobberthon said:

However my second save is completely fresh starting during day 2.  I'm thinking I'll do this every day just to enjoy the challenge while still holding on to my coward-survivor.

This is a great.  If I find more time to play, I'm certainly going to do this.  Doubt I'll last long.

Archived