Anyone else just had their survival save disappear on them?

Sgt. Eclair

Hi @Sgt. Eclair thanks for your post. Saves shouldn't disappear unless you were playing in Survival mode and your Survivor perished.

What platform do you play on? With Xbox One, files can sometimes appear to be missing as a result of a syncing error. If that's the case, try doing a full power-cycle of your console to prompt it to re-sync with the Cloud.

Thanks for the additional information. That is very strange -- do you use any cloud save services on your PC, such as Steam Cloud Sync?

In theory this shouldn't happen, but if there was a error syncing your local files with an empty or outdated Cloud folder, it could have been removed or overwritten. If you don't need to access your games on different computers, it might be worth disabling cloud saves.

Please do let us know if you have this issue again!

On 10/29/2018 at 10:35 AM, Support said:

Thanks for the additional information. That is very strange -- do you use any cloud save services on your PC, such as Steam Cloud Sync?

In theory this shouldn't happen, but if there was a error syncing your local files with an empty or outdated Cloud folder, it could have been removed or overwritten. If you don't need to access your games on different computers, it might be worth disabling cloud saves.

Please do let us know if you have this issue again!

Yes, I do use cloud syncing; there are about 3 different devices I play TLD on. Right before this there were multiple odd syncing issues (Saves not syncing properly, not syncing at all, taking unusually long to sync) so those could definitely be related. Now that I think about it, I'll start it up on the other devices to see if my save is still there- I'll let you guys know what the results are, and if it happens again.

Thanks for helping out so much with this, I really appreciate it!

Archived