How not to sleep in Hopeless Rescue

Goodzilla

• 2 weeks later...
On 17.11.2018 at 5:28 AM, stapeliad said:

@Raphael van Lierop
Anyhow, I don't think this 18 hour completion would be at all possible in today's game.
All the game values are different.  There were no blizzards, no wind, no darkness, no wolf attacks (Fluffy ran away!!!!), the lantern lasted forever, no weight limit on climbing (those were the days) and the game seemed to be basically in pilgrim mode. The cold didn't seem to be an issue at all like it is now.  Fatigue didn't slow the walking speed.  Knowing the maps seemed to be the biggest challenge. 

I

@stapeliad  Finally I made it under 18h. The key are stims, I used them for each climb and even for running home to the lighthouse.

1708.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting read and very impressive! Just tried out the challenge for the first time.

Made my way to TWM and took my time, didnt take too many risks with wildlife, weather, water etc.

Reached the summit with 1D and 20H left on the countdown, and felt pretty good about myself. I was far ahead of scheadule I thought, thinking that the coundown would reset when I grabbed the pistol. But it did not. GAHH!!

After a minor panic attack I then reached the Lighthouse with 18H left! Besides becoming an intense experience for me as a snail-player, it made me realize just how fast one can travel in TLD.

...Then I read this thread and feel like a turtle lol! ^^ Will give it another go soon!

• Like 1

@Ninjasnigeln 

Thank you for sharing, had so much fun to read. You are not a turtle at all!  On my first try I even did not realize, that this is a time challenge and I died before TWM, first time I could finish was over 5 days

Congratulation from summit to the LH within 24h is very fast!

Anytime under 48h is really quick with only very little sleep, little looting and of course walking by night.

I wish you good luck for your next try.

I am trying  to solve the whiteout challenge at the moment with fast times.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

He uses a new short cut in TWM which I also found by another youtuber.

This is a huge shortcut where you can save easy 1h in TWM.

I looked for the shortcut in Pilgrim mode and I was surprised it was not as difficult as I thought.

Also found it in my first (new) speedrun and beat my record easily

TWB new shortcut.png

20190505001605_3.jpg

• Like 1