Day 47 - mauled by bear; day 52 - revenge?

Kilkegard

So as I stopped to fill in another section of my map in Milton I noticed a large shadow and a loud sound.  When I came out of map mode I was face to face with an angry bear.  He got me.  When the mauling was over most of my clothes were ruined and I had several injuries.  When I got back to base and fixed or replaced my clothes and healed up I noticed I had dropped my gun at the bear attack.  I don't care about the gun so much because I have a second one.  But there were nine rounds in that gun; I want them back!  

I'm only level two at shooting, but I do manage to hit most things I shot at.  I had just cleared out a wolf before running into the bear (that's why I was carrying the gun).  It is with a mixture of fear and determination that I am going after that bear.

Yes, the bear got his revenge.  My first shot hit him and actually gave me enough experience to go from level 2 shooting to level 3.  Nice!  Second shot hit him and let him know where I was.  I think the third and forth bullets only made him angry.   I got thrashed.   When it was over I was bleeding out from multiple wounds.  While trying to bandage up the bear came back for another round.  I emptied the gun, must have hit him with at least one of the last three rounds.    But my official cause of death?  Injuries from falling off a cliff.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm no seasoned expert on bear hunting with a rifle or bow so if someone has better info I'm all ears.  That said I think to instantly kill a bear you have to have a head shot.  Other wounds can and usually are (assuming you don't hit a load screen) fatal but you'll have to wait for the bear to bleed out.

Archived