Blocking bug ep 1 cannot resume after prologue

yoli

Hi, I have the following bug which is completely blocking Wintermute ep 1 (Windows version, TLD 1.39 37488). I have logged a bug but posting here too for more visibility and potential help is resolving.

After leaving Milton, when leaving the cave we enter a bear fight scene were we get a riffle and shoot the bear fighting with Jeremiah. Then there is a credit scene, then title screen. If from there I go Wintermute/Resume, the fight scene is played again, but then I am back to the title screen. If I try to Wintermute/Resume again, nothing happens. If I try to load the last save manually, it doesn't work, as it if was corrupt. Only option is to load an older autosave. There doesn't seem to be any way around this bug, and this is blocking.

@stratvox ah yes ! I completely forgot that. Man, I thought I was blocked ! But really, this stuff is confusing, there is no hint at telling you to start a new game, and you just can't resume the old game after the second attempt. Not a blocking bug, but a bug still.

16 hours ago, yoli said:

@stratvox ah yes ! I completely forgot that. Man, I thought I was blocked ! But really, this stuff is confusing, there is no hint at telling you to start a new game, and you just can't resume the old game after the second attempt. Not a blocking bug, but a bug still.

To be fair, it would be nice if you could get the bug worked out.  If you start Episode 2 from scratch, you don't have all the goodies you acquired completing Episode 1.  Sure, you can still acquire some decent stuff in Mystery Lake, but it's harder to get started.

Archived