Decorating the Top Shelf

piddy3825

If you ask me, half the fun of playing TLD is decorating my home base.  Putting stuff on top of a shelf or file cabinet isnt currently possible although you find things in the game on those same shelves and file cabinets. Go figure, right?  In my game play, I seem to frequent the same locations in many of my play through's and have discovered a couple of areas where you can kinda shimmy up on some furniture and end up placing stuff a little higher up than usual.  

For example, in the Quonset on CH.  In the back next to the desk with the monitor is what appears to be an old computer.  I started dropping reclaimed wood around the casing until the "pile" allowed me to step up on it.  I continued to drop more reclaimed wood as I stood directly on the computer case until I was able to take multiple steps up on the pile.  I was now able to look down on the file cabinets and could place objects on top.  From the pile I was able to place items on the two file cabinets by the door and also on top of the file cabinet by the fire barrel.  In the Mountaineer's Hut on TWM,   using the same wood stacking trick, I was able to stand on the beds allowing me to place items on the mantel which you cant do from the floor.

Lots of like minded players would like to see the development of being able to place things higher up, especially when placing items on the top shelf in the various locations we call home.  If you've found a spot or a way to place things up higher, please share that with me here.  Thanks for reading!

26 minutes ago, stratvox said:

I know that you can get on the beds in the MH in TWM without dropping wood. You just have to sort of rumble around them and you can eventually get on up there.

maybe I just thought it was easier that way considering I had piles and piles of wood around the fireplace and the bed... helped going backwards too...

Archived