How do i light my held torch with a lit torch i dropped?

CGTv

I drop my lit torch and equip a different torch, i then try to lit the torch in my hands with the lit torch i dropped but it doesn't work, i always use a match.

(On Xbox)

It's possible on pc, but i can't perform it on the xbox.

~CGTv

19 hours ago, sierra 117 said:

Yeah this took me a while to figure out also. After wasting way too many matches on an interloper run, i tested on a pilgrim game and realised that you need to press the A button( X on PS) not right trigger as you normally would.

Oh great man thanks!

~CGTv

On 10/1/2018 at 1:55 PM, sierra 117 said:

Yeah this took me a while to figure out also. After wasting way too many matches on an interloper run, i tested on a pilgrim game and realised that you need to press the A button( X on PS) not right trigger as you normally would.

Wow, are you kidding me?! You have to push a totally different button to light a new torch with a dropped lit torch?! This has been driving me insane forever. I play on PC but use a PS4 controller. I have been using the trigger to light the torch while having the cursor on the lit torch and wasting matches.

Oh and another thing I believe I noticed. Whenever you light a torch and you have wooden and cardboard matches, the game seems to default to using the wooden matches over the cardboard ones. Even though the wodden ones have a +5% chance to start a fire and I'd obviously prefer to save those for lighting an actual fire. The only solution I can think of is to drop all my wooden matches on the ground before lighting a torch.

I suppose I should ask in the wish list for torch lighting to default to inferior matches instead of wasting the good ones....

On 10/5/2018 at 4:48 PM, CGTv said:

Yeah good point, the wooden match "problem" has been so since day one.
I wonder why it has never been brought up.

~CGTv

I too am wondering why this hasn't been requested as a fix in the Wish List section years ago...

I did a forum search and it appears at least one other person asked about this, but no one else commented and the post must have vanished into obscurity...

I don't get the feeling that any Hinterland staff are assigned to regularly read or interact with the forums. I see them respond when summoned via the "at" symbol, but I rarely see them just talking and participating of their own volition. It would be nice if they reacted more to ideas and discussions....other than just arguments or to scold someone.

Archived