Broken Arms And Legs

Guest Gamer935

Guest Gamer935

My Suggestion Is To Put In Broken Legs And Broken Arms As If You Fall Off A Mountain You Would Break Your Legs Or Arms

Healing Would Be A Little Harder Than Sprains As For Arms You Would Need A Makeshift Sling Made Out Of Cloth And For Legs A Makeshift Splint Or Brace Made Of Sticks And Obviously It Would Be Extremely Difficult To Move So It Pretty Much May Be A Game Ending Injury 

Guest Gamer935
56 minutes ago, Doc Feral said:

Hey, I just got a sprained ankle & wrist combo while CRAWLING down a slope! I can accept polystirene ligaments but glass bones would be too much.

:D no I mean if you actually have a bad accident like completely fall down a mountain 

Guest Gamer935
2 hours ago, Khan_Drichthyes said:

It's not common knowledge, but Bear Island was the site of a catastrophic spill of bone hurting juice.

963.jpg

:D

I agree. You'd pretty much die of thirst after your water ran out. I mean, you're looking at what, a week or two of being completely gormless, followed by weeks of impaired ability to do things? Plus the risk of complications and permanent impairment? I guess maybe you could construct a splint out of reclaimed wood and gut and bandages, but even then if it's a broken leg you're talking a week or so before you can even get on your feet to hobble more than a few steps. Maybe if you had the ability to drink rosehip tea or take a painkiller every six hours, plus a splint, you could get a carrying capacity of 5 kilos or no movement at all, to let you get out and get firewood, rosehips, and hit up rabbit snares, but if you're not set up for that you're basically doomed. And all that sets aside the problem of what happens if you get an infection at the break site, or even worse if you had a compound fracture....

Maybe make it every eight, so a bottle of painkillers lasts a full day, but I can't really see how anyone's going to come back from that. The only way it would be possible would be if you had an awesome base set up at the time of the break. Oh, and cabin fever would need to be disabled during convalescence.

• 1 month later...

I love the idea! Actually this would be a logical consequence of what's already implemented (broken ribs after moose attack, sprained wrists/knuckles if you're overburdened). 

In my opinion, it would make sense if there is a certain risk for breaking an arm/leg if you choose to skyrim down a structure, risking a few jumps here and there (and thus balance these short-cuts - you may still take them, but there's some risk involved).

If you fall off or jump down from a platform, it already does take some toll on your health (%). It would make the game (especially the late-game) a lot more interesting if, instead of a mere drop in your health bar you get a risk for broken arm or leg. Which means, you may jump/fall without impacting your health bar at all. But if it's not your lucky day, you will break an arm or leg, and you need to immediately change your plans to take care of the healing process (as it is with broken ribs right now). Of course you can't rope-climb back up. 

Broken arms/legs would still allow you to move, maybe a little more slowly than usual. A broken arm might make it impossible to maneuver a weapon or cut logs for firewood, a broken leg might make it impossible to run and impact your ability to carry heavy loads.

Painkillers should mute the pain and thus allow you to do stuff as usual - but only for a limited time (like, an hour or so). After that, the arm/leg is still broken. The injury should heal  on its own after some days. A make-shift splint/bandage might speed up the healing process, or make sure that no permanent debuffs remain. (and maybe it could be made of tinder and/or birch bark). 

I really think you're onto something here. :)

(Oh, by the way: I don't speak from experience, but it seems that in a survival situation, our bodies will send out all natural painkillers and hormones to enable us to push forward, even with a broken leg)

Archived