Favorite Place In The Long Dark?

Guest Gamer935

Guest Gamer935

What's All Your Guys Favorite Place/Shelter/Landmark And Why? :)

Mine Is Paradise Meadows Farmhouse As It Holds Alot Of Resources And Items And Also The Extra Tiny Quest To Find The Key Makes It Seem That There Is Something Really Good Inside As A Guy Died Protecting The Key 

good old mystery lake house. fishing huts, rabbits all around, easy to reach deers and caves in case you catch the cabin fever, and the next forge is right in forlorn muskeg. furthermore, it connects to many other maps directly, so you have many options for exploration at the same time.

I like making the abandoned lookout on the Coastal Highway a base.  It is certainly spartan living given that you only have a bench and one cabinet besides the bed and the upside down chair.  At least you got a decent stove that works and an abundant supply of firewood nearby, not to forget the deer that roam the area and of course the wolf that patrols this stretch between the lookout and the old  mine that leads to PV.    The views are spectacular and the location is kinda centered right in the middle of the map so moving about quickly is also very convenient.

Guest Gamer935
On 28/09/2018 at 9:36 PM, ZachG2018 said:

Definitely the Trapper’s Cabin. I’ve always like the idea of living on my own in a little cabin in the snow, living off the land and hunting, being a real mountain man.

Same here and Trappers Homestead Has a lot of resources as well 

Guest Gamer935
19 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

I like making the abandoned lookout on the Coastal Highway a base.  It is certainly spartan living given that you only have a bench and one cabinet besides the bed and the upside down chair.  At least you got a decent stove that works and an abundant supply of firewood nearby, not to forget the deer that roam the area and of course the wolf that patrols this stretch between the lookout and the old  mine that leads to PV.    The views are spectacular and the location is kinda centered right in the middle of the map so moving about quickly is also very convenient.

Agree and if you get really lucky there is a rifle and ammo but the Views are definetly amaazing 

Guest Gamer935
On 28/09/2018 at 2:25 PM, nicko said:

maybe or bring your own?

I think the devs want this building  bare bones. but surely it could have some more basics.

yeh or let us create racks or shelves?

Very awesome idea to make your own shelves and racks especially if you are making a really good base 

Guest Gamer935
On 28/09/2018 at 12:13 PM, nicko said:

I like a few places, though TWM is a place I always seem to enjoy.  I just wish the Devs add a hunting rifle rack to one of the bare walls.

thl-tw-cabin.thumb.jpg.8cdb539cb696d0533f45a113243aedc4.jpg

Love the screenshot 

Guest Gamer935
On 27/09/2018 at 1:25 AM, greatwhitegamer said:

Hmmm. Thats a tough one. Either Camp Office or Trappers homestead.

Agree on trappers homestead as many resources inside and abundance of rabbits and deer 

Guest Gamer935
On 27/09/2018 at 10:40 AM, Hawk said:

My favorite place to 'call home' in TLD is probably the farmhouse in PV. After that, the camp office in ML.

Camp office is pretty awesome as right near the lake for fishing and 2 stoves inside 

Guest Gamer935
On 25/09/2018 at 11:48 PM, Kendov said:

good old mystery lake house. fishing huts, rabbits all around, easy to reach deers and caves in case you catch the cabin fever, and the next forge is right in forlorn muskeg. furthermore, it connects to many other maps directly, so you have many options for exploration at the same time.

:) love the description

Guest Gamer935
On 26/09/2018 at 1:26 PM, Khan_Drichthyes said:

The Riken, at Desolation Point.  Forge on site, nearby crafting table, deer close by, and you can spot (and shoot) any nearby threats by standing safely on the deck.

And then can make a quick trip to The Lonely Lighthouse and get more resources 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived