All Steam Achievements

ChillPlayer

I finally did it on my current Stalker run:

tld_all.PNG.26a86b049a340c67685534ac7d41e5aa.PNG

Some hard and partly boring work went into this. Up until day 380 I had a lot of fun especially with the Faithful Cartographer achievement while mapping Hushed River Valley but then only one achievement was missing: The Will to Live. And boy did I not have any will left to live anymore in this Stalker run. After seeing and doing it all and getting Mending to L5 for "Skilled Survivor" achievement (the 2nd worst achievement because of Mending) I just wanted to end this run and go back to Interloper.

But I judged my chances to pass day 500 in Interloper very slim and thus decided to spend the last 120 days as quickly as possible. How? I camped in the Ravin's cave, hunted two deers for 18kg of meat, harvested 20h worth of firewood, cooked the meat and spent the remaining wood on melting water. After waking fully rested I rested for 12h, drank a bottle of water, rested for 12h, ate one piece of venison, drank a bottle, slept for 12h, rested 2x12h, slept 1x12h... This cycle during which I've passed 1.5 days took me 2min 10 sec in real life. When I ran out of venison the deer had respawned and I got a little break from my boredom for hunting. But I was starring at a black screen while bulk resting/sleeping for 3h of my life just to get this achievement...

Long story short, while I enjoyed most achievements (FC after it finally got fixed), The Will to Live I did not. It's too long for Stalker, I did all additional achievements that came with V1.0 in this run and even with the addition of another map I was done after 380 days with nothing left that could keep me excited except self-impossed limitations and risking to end the run prematurely.

Also I think Ravine needs some fixing, I could've go on forever like this. The easiest way would be to remove the Deer because they are an unlimited food source. Leave the Cattails and Rabbits so one is able to spend a few days there but it shouldn't be possible to stay in one place forever without a single thread.

Puh I'm really glad this is over now, I hope Hinterland won't add a 1000 days achievement or they will risk their playerbases sanity lol - and I need some Interloper-therapy-session now :D

I was almost done getting that achievement when it was 200 days. And then they bumped it up to 500, and I cried. I'm a little past day 300 on a run now, and am probably soon going to do something similar, once I finish maxing out my fishing, rifle, and mending skills. 

Congrats!

I always wonder about people's completionist need vs actually enjoying what you're doing in a medium that is purportedly for "entertainment."  There's probably a PhD thesis or two in there.

365 might have been a smarter choice for Hinterlands - "A Year in the Life".  500 probably has more to do with some sort Canadian inspired metric-over-obsession.  Though, I remember when Geltaz first hit 500 days in Loper -- did seem worthy of recognition.

1 hour ago, Doc Gonzo said:

We had a reddit poster that achieved a remarkable 2,000+ day run.  

Was that in Interloper?  I think I remember Geltaz noting that there was a hard limit to resources that would eventually make the game terminal, no matter how well mastered.  I always thought that was philosophically appropriate for a game about apocalyptic survival.

5 hours ago, NardoLoopa said:

Was that in Interloper?  I think I remember Geltaz noting that there was a hard limit to resources that would eventually make the game terminal, no matter how well mastered.  I always thought that was philosophically appropriate for a game about apocalyptic survival.

I wonder though if it would be possible to chill at Ravines on Interloper for a prolonged time. Haven't tried it yet but if there are deer it should be possible too. My longest Interloper run was something past 100 but I didn't notice food getting any more scarce, just the weather getting freakishly colder.

13 hours ago, NardoLoopa said:

It was before Interloper was an option I think.  Regardless his run was on Voyager IIRC.  Still pretty impressive.

8 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

I wonder though if it would be possible to chill at Ravines on Interloper for a prolonged time. Haven't tried it yet but if there are deer it should be possible too. My longest Interloper run was something past 100 but I didn't notice food getting any more scarce, just the weather getting freakishly colder.

I doubt it - I often use the Ravine on Interloper runs and the deer do not respawn often enough.

My best luck with "chilling" on Interloper, once I'm geared up, has been somewhere with consistent wolf dinner delivery service.  I like the farm in Milton because of the amenities (6 burner stove, outdoor workbench with a windproof fire), proximity to cloth/metal loot (town & gas station), and proximity to game including bear (for repairs).

Archived