Bed Reading with warmth bonus

BareSkin

Does it make sense to be able to read in a bed?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First, I understand not everything is easy to implement in a game, so I'm just throwing ideas; I'm not saying it's easy to do.

Because why would you read in a cold place when you have a bed/bedroll?

Plus, it's a great addition for player immersion, everybody likes a good book before sleeping.

That would be a great new way to "pass time" when time management is important and temperatures are low, you are stuck in a cave waiting a blizzard to end, etc...

Or dive in a mountain of clothes, deer pelts, fir wood or cat tail heads. Throw 'em in the air and let them land or your head like Uncle Scrooge.

But yes, I know it's healthier to stand as opposed to sit down, but I would love to make use of a chair or a bed, or a closet to hide in :)

I wish we could place a bed roll on our beds to give us more of a warmth bonus. it just doesn't make sense that we can't. I mean Mackenzie must be freezing during those nights in mountaineers cabin and is thinking why can't I sleep in a bed with my bedroll. another idea is that we could make/ find blankets to add to beds to get bonus warmth or bonus idea turn blankets into I dunno makeshift clothing maybe some kind of poncho?

On 9/16/2018 at 9:25 AM, Jolan said:

It would also give you something to do with the spare bedrolls.  You could use it as a quilt as you worked on a project.  Perhaps someday if they ever put sitting into the game.  

I was just thinking about sitting. I think it would add to the aesthetic. I would like this even if it added no bonus (like slower energy use). 

another idea is that we could make/ find blankets to add to beds to get bonus warmth or bonus idea turn blankets into I dunno makeshift clothing maybe some kind of poncho?

A concept art of Mackenzie shows him wearing a poncho. So I am guessing that it will be added in the future or the next episode. I'm just guessing. http://thelongdark.wikia.com/wiki/Will_Mackenzie?file=Will_Mackenzie_-_concept_art.jpg

Just now, odizzido said:

I find it strange you made this a poll. It essentially asks is it possible for people to read in bed?....uhhhh yes? I've done it myself and I know at least one other person who has, maybe even three or more.

Then, please teach me how to do it. I'd be very glad if such a feature already exists.

While possible, it is harder to keep yourself fully covered in real life so you wouldnt get the full warmth bonus in-game

Also, I find it rather uncomfortable to read in bed unless I make an throne of pillows first.

Perhaps those armchairs can be used for a similar purpose? Say, a new furniture separate from the bed with its own UI? 

2 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

While possible, it is harder to keep yourself fully covered in real life so you wouldnt get the full warmth bonus in-game

Also, I find it rather uncomfortable to read in bed unless I make an throne of pillows first.

Perhaps those armchairs can be used for a similar purpose? Say, a new furniture separate from the bed with its own UI? 

Nice idea, it could have reduced calories consumption too I guess. Anyway the "not fully covered problem would lead to many other problems, I think about sleeping in a cave floor /car vs a bed.

Archived