Cooking Phenomena

codfish107

So I'm not sure if this is a result of the new coming system or a bug.

I've been staying in the PV Farmhouse and have been keeping all of my made tea and coffee on the short shelves next to the stove in the kitchen. Every time I light the stove, all of the drinks heat up like normal and give me a warmth bonus when I drink them.

Come to find out, the sound of 15+ hot cups is very loud. 

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

"Teas" and coffee warm up near a heat source and don't burn, which makes nearby placement better than using the cooking slots. It's not uncommon to keep one near the campfire for the night, so it will be warm in the morning to give a heat boost for the coldest hours of the day.

I'm planning to go into a fishing hut, close the door, put a pot of water on the stove, a bunch of teas around it and enjoy the scented sauna.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:49 AM, Doc Feral said:

It works with beans, soup and peaches too.

Can anyone remember if cooking canned foods ever improved the food's condition, (the way it adds 50% to the cooked meat).
Last time my character got food poisoning it was after using the "can warming" and it made me upset with myself for not using the proper "cooking spot" of the fire.
Now it seems cooking canned food is no benefit to food condition, (is this a change?), because it seems boiling would make food "safer" to consume. :coffee:

• 3 weeks later...

I just experienced this yesterday. I thought it was a bug. When I first entered the Hunting Lodge in Broken Railroad, there was already a cup of coffee placed on a small table next to the stove. I went to melt some water, took the water, then I kept hearing the 'boiling sound'. Huh? I turned around and saw this…

–Rick 

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 04.48.38.png

On 13/09/2018 at 11:48 PM, codfish107 said:

Come to find out, the sound of 15+ hot cups is very loud. 

For more extreme noise experience, try harvesting a 3+ hour fire into torches, and throwing them all still burning onto the ground nearby. It sounds like you're standing next to a jet engine!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 6:13 AM, s7mar7in said:

Can anyone remember if cooking canned foods ever improved the food's condition, (the way it adds 50% to the cooked meat).
Last time my character got food poisoning it was after using the "can warming" and it made me upset with myself for not using the proper "cooking spot" of the fire.
Now it seems cooking canned food is no benefit to food condition, (is this a change?), because it seems boiling would make food "safer" to consume. :coffee:

"Cooking" canned food makes them hot which, when consumed while hot, gives a warmth bonus. As opposed to cooking raw meat which produces a +50% improvement in condition of the resulting cooked meat but does not give a warmth bonus even right off the grille.

Food poisoning IRL tends to be from the toxins released by the bacteria and providing a method for 'cooking' canned food enough to inactivate the toxin, assuming it can be done, would likely be more effort needed than the devs would want to expend on such a low probability event. 

Archived