This Rock Art

Ice Hole

This image is not the best to visualize the wolf.  Usually, while scanning a dimly lit area, I see those yellow dots and for a moment an outline of a wolf.  On a subliminal level this art is creating tension.  This image was taken in an area that is patrolled by wolves.  So I am curious if the developers intended for this effect.

1 hour ago, Luciën said:

I must admit. Some silent stones scare. Believing boulders being bear.

Those silhouettes at night have stopped me in my tracks too many times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18-9-2018 at 11:52 PM, MarrowStone said:

@Ice Hole, Do you think they will see it now?

A wolf from the stone

I see you have drawn a wolf.
I still don't see a wolf on that rock though XD

Edit: After looking for long enough i see a beheaded naked man.
I'm dead serious.

~CGTv

• 3 months later...

The brain tries to make sense of the world around us, thus everyone sees everything differently.

I did not see anything in the rock but please share more with us because I find it very interesting and to a much greater degree entertaining! 

3 hours ago, U47 said:

The brain tries to make sense of the world around us

From wiki:

Pareidolia can cause people to interpret random images, or patterns of light and shadow, as faces.

I have heard about this pattern recognition as faces before but would say that it is not exactly what is going on with my interpretations.  The abstract artist is more of how I would describe how I am seeing things.  This all coming from someone who failed ART class in grade school.  I know what you are probably thinking 'how does someone fail ART class'.  Well the story is, teacher did not like my face or something so I would just be a trouble maker in the class.  Teacher gave me a 49 percent final grade.  Seems kinda of childish now but wait I was a child.

Guest kristaok
On 9/18/2018 at 5:52 PM, MarrowStone said:

@Ice Hole, Do you think they will see it now?

A wolf from the stone:

WolRockEditEyes.png.d6b6795798837a16372575ac88e558b8.png

I mean, it could also be a bear but it was a bit of a stretch:

BearRockEdit.png.c2be0c3cbcf1a581e7d6f4bb39b93aa2.png

Ty, at first I was like where?, but because of this I was like ooooo....that’s it. 

Archived