Feat Progress Gone

BigWill079

So my game was lagging really bad and decided to log off and restart, but before I left I wanted to check the Badges bar in the pause menu to check my stats. I then saw the “Saving...” icon but thought nothing of it at the time. So I log back on and check the Badges again in the menu, only to find all the percentages reset to zero! Can anyone explain what’s going on here? Because I have a feeling that something got corrupted that I don’t know about

Thanks!

Hi @BigWill079, thanks for your post. Information such as feat progress is stored as part of your player profile and shouldn't have been lost or overwritten. Does anything else appear to be missing or reset, such as settings related to controls, display, brightness, etc?

What system do your play the game on? (Steam, PS4, Xbox One etc)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply.  We have a few more questions, if that's alright.

Had you checked your badge progress relatively recently before noticing this issue? We're wondering if this information was lost recently, or if it happened a while ago.

Did you have any completed badges? If so, were they also reset to 0 ?

This happened recently. I posted this topic about a day or two after it happened because I was busy. I had nothing completed, just percentages. No badges either since I try to focus on survival. The only progress I remember before the wipe  is that I had about 61% towards the Free Runner badge

Thanks for your reply. We've done some digging into conditions that could potentially result in lost badge progress.

Do you use a cloud service of any kind to backup game data, such as Steam Cloud Sync? We've had reports in the past of syncing errors resulting in lost progress. In theory this shouldn't happen, but if you think this might be the cause and don't require the Cloud to access your games, it might be worth disabling that setting for the time being.

Archived