Kicked?

Triple_D_50

If he is talking about crashing, more information is gonna be needed to get a sense of things.  What exactly are you doing when the crash occurs?  Are any particular messages displayed prior to the crash?  Are you able to notice any early warning signs that this will occur?  (Hypothetical example, an area transition takes a full minute, and the next time you try to leave the area it crashes, etc.)

Hi @Triple_D_50, and welcome to the forums! I also play TLD in a PS4 system and I've been suffering from crashes for quite some time now. Also, there are reports of many other PS4 players who have experienced the game to crash and freeze regularly in long gaming sessions.

I would suggest that you check the "Support" forum -> "Technical Discussions" subforum. There you can find several crash reports and possible solutions (I myself opened a topic on PS4 crashes which you can see here). Furthermore, you can also create a topic there and post details on whatever technical problem you are facing, and you will have a great chance of being addressed by Hinterland Support (@Support). They are really supportive and always doing a great job in helping the community :)

Thanks for your post, @Triple_D_50! We've moved your thread over to the Technical Discussions sub forum, as the topic is related to a technical issue.

As Senauer mentioned, crashing is an issue we've seen reported by other PS4 players and seems to be related to memory use by the game. We've released some fixes over the past year that have improved things, but unfortunately not resolved it entirely -- yet. However this IS something we're continuing to work on!

In the meantime, some things you can do on your side that can help with crashing are:

• Power-cycle your console every once and a while (at least once a month)-- this helps to flush any lingering system issues.
  • If you are experiencing very frequent crashing, such as if this occurs after less an an hour of play, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This should resolve any issues related to missing or corrupted game files.

As you've noticed, memory- related issues are more likely to appear during longer play sessions, so occasionally relaunching the game app is a good way to help prevent crashes. If you've been playing for more than 2 hours, definitely consider closing and reopening the game. 

Hope that helps!

On 9/11/2018 at 12:07 AM, Senauer said:

Hi @Triple_D_50, and welcome to the forums! I also play TLD in a PS4 system and I've been suffering from crashes for quite some time now. Also, there are reports of many other PS4 players who have experienced the game to crash and freeze regularly in long gaming sessions.

I would suggest that you check the "Support" forum -> "Technical Discussions" subforum. There you can find several crash reports and possible solutions (I myself opened a topic on PS4 crashes which you can see here). Furthermore, you can also create a topic there and post details on whatever technical problem you are facing, and you will have a great chance of being addressed by Hinterland Support (@Support). They are really supportive and always doing a great job in helping the community :)

Wow, thanks a bunch!

On 9/11/2018 at 8:25 AM, Support said:

Thanks for your post, @Triple_D_50! We've moved your thread over to the Technical Discussions sub forum, as the topic is related to a technical issue.

As Senauer mentioned, crashing is an issue we've seen reported by other PS4 players and seems to be related to memory use by the game. We've released some fixes over the past year that have improved things, but unfortunately not resolved it entirely -- yet. However this IS something we're continuing to work on!

In the meantime, some things you can do on your side that can help with crashing are:

• Power-cycle your console every once and a while (at least once a month)-- this helps to flush any lingering system issues.
  • If you are experiencing very frequent crashing, such as if this occurs after less an an hour of play, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This should resolve any issues related to missing or corrupted game files.

As you've noticed, memory- related issues are more likely to appear during longer play sessions, so occasionally relaunching the game app is a good way to help prevent crashes. If you've been playing for more than 2 hours, definitely consider closing and reopening the game. 

Hope that helps!

Thanks, I'll give it a shot

Archived