Looting Milton Town ?

piddy3825

Okay,  now that Milton Town has been looted and I have accumulated some ungodly amount of loot, 14 cooking pots to start, is there a way to walk out of this town over encumbered without having to climb up or down any ropes?  If there's a way down to the basin, that doesn't require the rope, I can walk out right through Forelorn Muskeg  and back into Mystery Lake.  Dont have a satchel yet on this run, but 5 extra kilos carrying capacity  dont put a dent in the amount of weight to be carried out.  

If you've pondered this or have pulled it off, I sure would like to hear how you would do/did it!  Thanks for reading!

23 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

If there's a way down to the basin

I've pondered this and do not feel it is worth carrying all the extra loot, it is easier to make a supply cache at Grey Mother's House.
However, for what it is worth, things that can be "equipped" can also be "dropped" by grabbing the mountaineering rope far from the cliff edge.

Hope this helps. :coffee:

4 minutes ago, s7mar7in said:

anything that can be "equipped" can also be "dropped" by grabbing the mountaineering rope far from the cliff edge.

hmmm, you have piqued my curiosity.  are you hinting that by leaning out real far as i grab the rope, i am still able to access the inventory and drop items to basin floor below?  And then climb back up re-equip and do it again?  Genius discovery if it works that way.  Thanks, will let you know if I can make it work.

You'll always have to contend with climbing ropes in the Milton region, no matter what you do.  I personally prefer to use the climb by Milton Park to make my exit.  I will use that little park office as a staging area.  My basic strategy is to keep a fire burning there to stay warm, then drop all of my clothes.  Then take all of the supplies I can carry, climb down the rope (naked, so all of my weight is focused on supplies), and bring them across that ledge to the rope climb up. Drop everything, then backtrack, climb back up the rope, and rest/recover in that camp office.  Then repeat the process, until all of the supplies are at the bottom of the rope climb back up. Then repeat the process in reverse, establishing a temporary base in the Mystery Lake transition cave, until all of the supplies are in a pile at the cave entrance.  Then begin making trips to haul them to my designated safehouse.  (Usually a home on the Coastal Highway.)

@ajb1978Well, I am trying to open a sporting goods store  out on CH so I am systematically looting all the maps and bringing the plunder back to the Quonset for repair and refurbishment before being put out on display for resale.  Got no less than 12 cooking pots to carry out not to mention the rest of the assorted hardware and clothing items...  Well, here's to naked rope climbing,  a whole new way to move freight in a frozen world!

• 4 weeks later...

I succeeded in mountain goating down the cliff at the end of Chapter 1 back when Wintermute was released. I haven't tried it recently. You still have to contend with the second rope to go up, but that isn't a terribly long rope. With some coffee and starting fully rested by sleeping in the cave, you could probably do two trips up without much trouble...maybe take a quick nap at the top if necessary.

1 hour ago, Wintermut said:

I succeeded in mountain goating down the cliff at the end of Chapter 1 back when Wintermute was released. I haven't tried it recently. You still have to contend with the second rope to go up, but that isn't a terribly long rope. With some coffee and starting fully rested by sleeping in the cave, you could probably do two trips up without much trouble...maybe take a quick nap at the top if necessary.

Gonna have to try that next time.  I made multiple trips up and down the rope, staging between the little office at the top of rope in Milton town and the cave  just below the rope going up to ML and Trapper's.  Hauled roughly 180 kilos of stuff outta there 30 kilos at a time.  Took a few days but I could make at least two climbs per day, sometimes three with coffee and a night climb.

You can get from Milton Climbing Park to Mystery Lake without using either rope actually.

I'm not sure if I put a video on my youtube channel but I'll check and post a link here later if I made one.

Okay so this is the only one I can find...I missed the mountain goating down by the rope leading down from the park- but this video (part of a challenge I created) shows from this point how to avoid the next rope entirely.

https://youtu.be/i-NAwmi24tM?list=PLAHgiNpEwuO10Gze_PXhP74Gg3RHYHI1o&t=1110

Archived