The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.37 [39488]

Admin

Dear Community,

We’ve just hotfixed The Long Dark to v1.37 [39488] to address two issues that surfaced after this week’s previous Hotfix. If you lost any items after the last hotfix, you may now find them spawned at your feet when you first load into a region or interior.

You’ll find the complete changelist for the hotfix below.

CHANGELIST v1.37 [39488]

*[ALL] Fixed an issue that would relocate rifles after exiting a building or area
*[ALL] Fixed an issue that caused some containers to be unopenable

Many thanks - the prompt action is appreciated.

Although not sure how my 1000-day run guy is going to manage an extra 25 kg of matches, meds, herbals and flares on top of the 45kg (which includes about 15 kg of arrowheads) he's already dragging through Muskeg - lol.

3 minutes ago, Pillock said:

I haven't loaded up any existing saves since the first hotfix came out. 

Is it safe to assume that all my gear is where I left it (decent amount in the Camp Office filing cabinet), or will it be wherever my character is now, at his feet? 

mine was all back in the cabinet where I left it... nothing at his feet.

Still some funky stuff going on... any time I try to place a bow on a surface it will instead hover a couple feet above the surface.

Here above the floor:

5b8745afe1268_screen_(-31-3)_9706c38a-7825-4ebf-a70a-ba7781877fb6.thumb.png.02d9a8debf724c151ebeef4d045d4ec2.png

Here above the workbench:

5b8745dbd8b96_screen_(-22-5)_d47fca85-4be8-435a-b0d1-1c146270c3be.thumb.png.b50932dbf6a2ff0d6db3b666597a0bf0.png

EDIT: If I leave the building and come back then the bow is correctly on the surface.

5b87466647c4c_screen_(-22-5)_63643b89-d488-4fc9-986c-ba5edef18744.thumb.png.dd73d4e895ea47935250771379fea247.png

Admin, I'm really really curious, can you described what happened? And what was the fix? You said something about the items being on a different layer?

Also... I noticed that the first time I entered the mystery lake cabin, the drawers moved down about the height of two drawers (~about a meter?). The second time I entered, they were gone. Did they just move down another meter below the cabin everytime you enter?

Again, just curious

And thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I still found in 1.37 two rifles at my feet when I re-entered Hushed River Valley or something like that in English. Two rifles I hadn't seen, or I hadn't taken the courtesy of cleaning them. Could it have to do with using Gog and Steam mixed? Or it being an old save game?

I have 1.37 and I'm still having an issue with cooked meat decaying really fast if I drop it on the ground and then place it on a hot stone on a campfire from the ground, and then picking it up after it's cooked and putting it in my bag. It's decaying in less than a day.

I checked the bug database and this has been reported several times already....

Is there another hotfix/update coming soon?

23 hours ago, White_SnowTree said:

Not likely- it's been a few days since the last hotfix

That's unfortunate...

I checked the bug database and it seems to have to do with dragging the meat from the ground and placing it on a hot surface to cook.

It doesn't seem to happen via the radial menu or with pots.

I guess I'll have to add all my meat to the radial menu with the check box or find more pots...

15 minutes ago, Wintermut said:

I guess I'll have to add all my meat to the radial menu with the check box or find more pots...

You can also drop the raw meat to the ground and then select and "move" the meat from the ground to the plain cooking surface, that works for me and is more or less fast when you have to cook more than one piece of meat. 

On 9/20/2018 at 9:21 AM, Anomen said:

You can also drop the raw meat to the ground and then select and "move" the meat from the ground to the plain cooking surface, that works for me and is more or less fast when you have to cook more than one piece of meat. 

Doing that makes it rot really fast for me too...

That's how I was doing it.

If you read my comment above, that's how I said I was doing it.

On 20.9.2018 at 12:36 PM, Anomen said:

@admin

Will the update also be available for Windows 10 UWP Store app? 

I'm still on Version: 1.35.38054.2 and not able to see the update package in the store if I search for updates. 

Thanks @Hinterland :-) Now I received the update to 1.37! 

• Admin unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived