Crazy Challenges/Weird Things you thought of doing

TheRealEBE

What are some crazy challenges or weird things to do in TLD that you have thought of or done?

My ‘challenge’ is that I’m going to start a new game and wait for a blizzard, then I’ll take off all my clothes and see how long I survive before freezing to death.

Edited by TheRealEBE
  • Upvote 4

Soon,

I am going to catch, pet and release 40 rabbits to cleanse my soul.

But then I just bonked 40 rabbits with a rock and that is not too nice either so I will then need to feed a 1 kg treat to 25 wolves and 3 bears.

Wish me luck it's Duck Season!

• Upvote 5
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Ice Hole said:

Soon,

I am going to catch, pet and release 40 rabbits to cleanse my soul.

But then I just bonked 40 rabbits with a rock and that is not too nice either so I will then need to feed a 1 kg treat to 25 wolves and 3 bears.

Wish me luck it's Duck Season!

But who are you gonna have to kill for the wolf treats :(

:DThis thread...

The Apex predator challenge: Kill every predator on the map of your choice (some harder than others). Not so fast, there are rules:

• Kit up all you like but...
  • Kill all wolves via struggles
  • Kill bears with bow/arrow but you must.. must.. let them maul you (you're the apex predator right, you don't run and hide)
  • Thou shall not rest until all are dead (no sleeping mid mission)
  • Have fun

I really want to do this now. On interloper. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/30/2018 at 7:57 PM, Celeblith said:

But who are you gonna have to kill for the wolf treats

On 8/30/2018 at 8:17 PM, Spakerman said:

Other wolves? ?

That is a good point considering the challenge is to wipe the slate clean.

Too bad I couldn't use cans of dog food, but currently the game doesn't allow pouring out the contents.   

The one thing I can use are fish.  The Long Dark does not care about wandacide.  The name or death of a fish does not have the same emphasis as with the other mammals.

Consider that the game forces us to look into the eyes of the rabbit before wrenching its neck before butchering their carcass.   After catching fish all we hear is a couple quick thwacks and presto we got fish ready to consume (just avoid the green ones, they're not ripe).  The game treats fish as lower sentient life compared to the rest of the mammals.  Therefore less bad karma for catching and serving the fish.  This challenge is getting tougher.

• Upvote 3

On 9/3/2018 at 8:30 AM, Stone said:

:DThis thread...

The Apex predator challenge: Kill every predator on the map of your choice (some harder than others). Not so fast, there are rules:

• Kit up all you like but...
  • Kill all wolves via struggles
  • Kill bears with bow/arrow but you must.. must.. let them maul you (you're the apex predator right, you don't run and hide)
  • Thou shall not rest until all are dead (no sleeping mid mission)
  • Have fun

I really want to do this now. On interloper. 

Yikes...doesn't sound possible.

21 minutes ago, Doc Feral said:

Funny, my plan was to light several big campfires at the top of the lighthouse and then run down to take a picture and pretend it's working.

You mean like this post? This actually what I was referring to. There is also a video of it.

Edited by codfish107

On 2018-09-04 at 6:28 PM, Ice Hole said:

(just avoid the green ones, they're not ripe).   - From the funniest movie of all time. 

It's not terribly extreme, but as a fun little play style challenge: 
Fire up the Hopeless Rescue challenge. Ignore the actual rules. Start a fire in the trappers cabin fireplace as soon as the challenge starts. Keep that fire going, 24 hours a day, for the whole week of the challenge. 

Far more extreme (and not mine, someone will have to remind me of who came up with this gem)
Fire up The Old Bear challenge part 1. Ignore the objective, and play it like a normal game. Except with a bear that follows you around attacking you. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2018 at 3:13 PM, cullam said:

Fire up The Old Bear challenge part 1. Ignore the objective, and play it like a normal game. Except with a bear that follows you around attacking you. 

This was done by @Timber Wolf quite some time ago! They were of the first survival stories that I read when I found out about the game. Simply awesome :):coffee:

• Like 1

THE CABIN FEVER DREAM

Fire up a game in Stalker mode, starting in Timberwolf Mountain. Take as much time as you need to loot whatever you want, and stockpile supplies in the mountaineering hut. Then, live as long as you can NEVER leaving the cabin again. Just deal with Cabin Fever as best you can, by going right through it. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2018 at 4:12 AM, Doc Feral said:

Funny, my plan was to light several big campfires at the top of the lighthouse and then run down to take a picture and pretend it's working.

LOL, reminds me of the time I was playing the flare gun challenge. ...got the flare gun run up to the lighthouse, I ended up lighting 15 road flares and a couple of fires, placed the flares all about the outside of the lighthouse, then I went outside to admire my handiwork.  I gotta say it was inspiring!  the burning red of all those flares lit up the dark night sky.  I decide to shoot the flare gun and figured I would take a cool screen shot in the process, but not even a moment goes by from when I pulled the trigger on the flare but the screen closes and the achievement unlocked screen pops up, essentially robbing me of my victory photo.  

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...