Level of illumination inside houses.

peteloud

I find inside the houses on the Coastal Highway very dark.  At ML places are much lighter inside.   I can't remember for all other places, but I think CH is the odd one out.

I presume others find this too.  It would be better if the standard of illumination was the same throughout.

Another issue.  In v1.36 when I put my rifle into the gun rack in the Trapper's Cabin, it stays there for a short while then falls down behind the safe.  This didn't happen before v1.36. . . . . . I now find that when I am at the Camp Office when I drop my rifle , it moves.  I usually find it a few ft away.

Odd.  I find the Camp Office pitch-black except for the window anti-silhouette.  But I think that adds to the reason to choose one base over the next.  The CO has a better location than Trapper's, but I find it too much of a pain to fumble up that staircase in the dark.

Consistency would certainly make things easier . . . but then that isn't really TLD, now is it.

I have to agree.  It is very frustrating to not be able to see  in the middle of the day.  Anyone that lives in snow area should understand that snow reflects a great deal of light and if there is even one window in a room it would be lit up pretty well during the day.  There is no reason the insides of these houses should be so dark.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, NardoLoopa said:

Odd.  I find the Camp Office pitch-black except for the window anti-silhouette.

Hello @NardoLoopa, welcome to the forum.
For what it is worth, you can navigate the CO in the dark by learning how to locate just (3) of the important windows.

1. The window between the front door and the staircase.
  2. The window halfway-up the staircase.
  3. The window above the upstairs woodstove

Also, note that as you step through the CO front door, you remain facing forward with the door at your back.
Alternatively, note that as you step through the Trapper Cabin front door, you are rotated 90 degrees to the left, (so the door is at your left shoulder).

Good luck my friend. :coffee:

11 hours ago, NardoLoopa said:

you are a credit to the blind.

I appreciate someone with a good sense of humor.
The lighting "effects" are slowly evolving with each game update, (and in many cases it is working very well).
A search on this forum for "navigating caves" will produce a list with some interesting topics related to lighting.
My vote is for increased use of simulating "adjusted night vision" by allowing the light to adjust to the dim-blue light used in many CH buildings.
It would add to the game by requiring the player to allow time for their eyes to adjust to the indoor lighting each time they entered a building, (as well as require them to fumble in the dark for the first several minutes).

Only my personal .02 :coffee:

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2018 at 9:00 AM, s7mar7in said:

My vote is for increased use of simulating "adjusted night vision" by allowing the light to adjust to the dim-blue light used in many CH buildings.

I do wind up bumping around in the dark a lot when I'm inside a building I should know the layout of and, even though it's plausible that it would be pitch black, it does seem like you would "see" by feeling the things you run into. But then I started to picture something like sonar vision, and then I Noped the hell out of my own mind.

12 hours ago, Kauffy said:

you would "see" by feeling the things you run into. 

It would only work when you're barefoot and slam your pinky toe into a door or table leg. A reddish light would shine from your eyes granting you temporary nightvision and wolves would howl along with you.

• 2 weeks later...

The Ambient Lights mod by Xpazeman goes a long way to fixing this in many of the places I frequent. It also seems to make windows more visible in the dark, by making the frost/snow accumulation slightly more visible than pitch black, which compensates for not being able to feel around.

Archived