Prepper Cache: Post Apocalyptic Style Living Quarters

piddy3825

Having just recently discovered the Hunter's Prepper Cache near the Camp Office at Mystery Lake, I thought it might be fun to make that base camp for a while as I looted the area.  When I found the bunker, it was a pretty dismal place and didn't have all that much to offer considering the meager loot that was there and the condition of the items were deplorable as well.    

Here's the Hatch now as you would want to find it!

Hatch is pretty well hidden from sight as you come up the hill side from any direction.  Tucked between the trees you feel safe and secure.

5b84aaad79a4e_Hunterbunker.thumb.png.5abe6614e9fb191714cd39ecfb0f750c.png

Look at all that natural light after deploying the elaborate folding ladder system.  This bunker ladder system has dual hatch covers so it can be closed from either side.  Suppose that was an operational feature back when the electricity worked to provide ventilation, but not working now, so hatch stays open when your inside.  Kinda chilly but not too bad.

5b84abe1b4767_elaboratehatch.thumb.png.a4c2f0c1c963d794983f57c1082fe04c.png

As you descend down the ladder your eye follows the duct work to the floor.  Always check the grate 'cause you never know what's been stashed away in there.  I got a spare bow and an extra snare along with some fir I got drying for crafting and when I need that hotter extra time fire.  

5b84aba9683f4_checkthegrate.thumb.png.998469f31bd097a7e13fe3eb4946774d.png

As you dismount the ladder you find the gut curing area.  After I laid the paper out, I dropped the fresh gut, but it falls thru and the paper covers it.  Kinda a benefit as i dont have to look at piles for curing guts.  Seems cleaner that way and I am sure probably helps to keep the smell down.  I cured some deer hides to the walls to soften it up a bit.

5b84ac50d3bdd_GUTDRYINGarea.thumb.png.aa8a87044c053e7e4cf1114f1a30be29.png

As you complete turning around, you encounter the utility storage area.  Everything you need to fix it and finish it!  All repairable items are at 100% and the lanterns are all fully fueled and ready to go.  

5b84acfb602fc_Utilitiesstorage.thumb.png.27e4d860f46f9da1e77b34b086910151.png

Looks a little more Prepper worthy now.

5b84adff3223f_ladderadnstoragecloseup.thumb.png.e68fd2cfae2b7fde5abc0b49515766c7.png

Never to late to make a first impression!  Am I right?

5b84ac1b017f5_FirstImpressons.thumb.png.0baae5b26c254b034e530a532524bad2.png

First Aide for all emergencies.  Knifes and Hatchets and stuff to make bows.  Pile of arrowheads on the floor... 

5b84ad6adfc97_firstaide.thumb.png.486daf65e088aacdffe404d4bd234a30.png

Books, magazines, manuals and more!  Never enough to read and or burn in the freezing post apocalypse.  A little altar of knowledge to help you survive.

5b84ab71ad251_alterofknowledge.thumb.png.6742b30a89f420227dfcc805270aafe2.png

Sleeping with ole' Bess gives me little comfort.  She's a bed hog.  Yeah yeah, I'm into Coffee, Guns and Boots.  Now I just need a moose satchel to match!

5b84ac89dfc67_ilikecoffeeandguns.thumb.png.3a12b0ed7658bd165a2dd7f17723dd32.png

Looks like a good start on keeping the menu interesting.  Good to stay hydrated in cold conditions.  

5b84ada22a294_Foodnwater.thumb.png.2cca820e1abbd77da7d6db5be92b185b.png

All this loot is from ML map and about half of FM map.  I really only picked up the hammer and an extra rifle and hacksaw from FM.  Besides bringing back the hatchets and arrowheads that I crafted there.

5b84acc3861ed_longviewladder.thumb.png.19dd3e38414f1b442ced39dc4a2a7cdf.png

Never enough guns, ammo or cleaning kits when your living post apocalyptic.  

5b84ae357a409_neverenoughguns.thumb.png.25af51f85151e7ea67b9d78690267f23.png

Bye Bye!  Close the Hatch when you leave.  Thanks for visiting!

5b84abe1b4767_elaboratehatch.thumb.png.a4c2f0c1c963d794983f57c1082fe04c.png

crouched longview ladder.png

1 hour ago, Celeblith said:

How the **** do you put hides on walls?? And bows on top of other things?? Is that new??

I found this out the other day, although mine didn't stay on the wall it seemed to drop to the floor slightly.

You have to wait until they are just about to cure (99+%) and select them as if you are moving them. Aim them onto a wall and wait (even though they are red as if you can't place them). When they change from "curing" to "cured" it will stick to the wall as if you've dropped it.

41 minutes ago, MHDan said:

I found this out the other day, although mine didn't stay on the wall it seemed to drop to the floor slightly.

You have to wait until they are just about to cure (99+%) and select them as if you are moving them. Aim them onto a wall and wait (even though they are red as if you can't place them). When they change from "curing" to "cured" it will stick to the wall as if you've dropped it.

And here I thought they'd made the placement system more comprehensible :/

20 hours ago, Spakerman said:

Damn, that's a ridiculous amount of loot in Pilgrim.

yeah, and pretty much all of it is just from the ML map.  you could imagine if how much stuff there would be if I had looted and hoarded the majority of the entire game map...  hmmm... new goals?

8 hours ago, Celeblith said:

How the **** do you put hides on walls?? And bows on top of other things?? Is that new??

See my post called "curing in place."  credit should go to player @ajb1978 for discovery of the the curing in place glitch.  I have spent hours attaching hides to walls.  just as an fyi, takes about 12 minutes in real time for a deer hide to "cure" from 99% to cured when being held up to the walls.  Some of the wall surfaces dont always hold the hides at standing levels and they slide down the wall, but they are always standing upright in the end.  As far as putting bows on top of other objects, the trick is to get the bow to highlight in green as you are moving it over the items you want it to rest on.  Sometimes it turns green about two feet above surface, appearing to float in the air, it typically drops onto the items below after you leave the interior and return.  occasionally it will fall thru the items all the way to the floor, prompting you to try again and again and again.

7 hours ago, Fuarian said:

How do you manage to put bows in weird places like that? I know the hide glitch, but how do you do it with the bow? 

Also there is a mod that allows better placement like that ;)

yeah, not using any mods, just the game physics.  In regards to bow, I make that work by first placing the bow on the surface that it will rest on with nothing else so i can get an idea of how to best pick it up for best placement.  once i got that in mind, i pick the bow up and then set up all the items that the bow is going to rest on.  when the space is saturated with closely placed items especially when there is elevation, the AI somehow re-sets the "floor" when the bow is selected for placement,  Usually the bow will float around as you are trying to force it into place but if you go slow enough over the surface the bow will pop up over the items and turn green.  Once clicked it stays floating until you exit the interior cell.  when you come back the bow will have dropped onto the table or shelf on top of your stuff looking like you meant to put it there.  

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I mean: wow. Since I first saw someone tidying up the base camp, I have been making food and drink stashes at every place that I used for a camp (even over just 10 days in game). But this... this is just almost like indoor architecture ;) As good as it can get in the game world. I am sure you would move cabinets if you could.

Thanks a lot for this cosy space, and the little tour you gave. I am impressed, what perseverance to loot a whole game world and then bring it to one place.

8 hours ago, Luciën said:

Thanks a lot for this cosy space, and the little tour you gave. I am impressed, what perseverance to loot a whole game world and then bring it to one place.

I am glad you enjoyed my "crib."  Basically all that stuff just found in Mystery Lake so you can probably imagine how much Loot there has got to be on Great Bear Island. 

20 hours ago, JAFO said:

Seems to be missing a guest bed...

yeah, sorry... I wish there was more space, but if you dont mind bunking on the floor, I'll layout a few soft deer hides for a little cushion and if you zip together a couple of the those sleeping bags you saw propped up against the wall there, you can make a nice cozy sleeping space.  Get you thru the next blizzard in style and comfort I guarantee!

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

@Morrick,  just a little heads up, all the stuff you see was looted except the water...  I boiled all that water using the 2 liter pots.  that empty shelf was just asking to be filled but there just wasn't enough stuff to do it so the water bottles were an ideal answer to my dilemma.  Check out my post Setting up Shop at Camp Office

Marvellous, thank you. I love Camp Office's layout!

Archived